Chinese-Forums

Email notifictions and validations

Shelley

I am not sure what is going on with the forums at the moment. It feels like we the members have been abandoned. Neither roddy or imron have replied to an earlier post about not getting email notifications (which I am still not getting).

I sent an email using the Contact link, I have no reply or even acknowledgeable of my email.

I had a new member who was trying to register on the forums contact me through WeChat to find out why they hadn't received a validation email to join the forum. I wasn't aware you needed a validation email, if things have changed and you do need one not replying to a new member for more that 3 days and making them have to ask me for help doesn't seem right. I don't mind being asked, I just can't actually help apart from moral support.

Just what is going on? There may well be a really good reasons for all this, just let us know. There is nothing worse than no info, even bad news is better than no news.

Come on guys talk to us :)

I understand he has a life and other things to do but is 4 days to be expected? I suppose I have been spoiled by his usually prompt replies. Lets hope he does know.

Normally I would ask for a correction to my spelling mistake in the topic title but I will live with it. As a side question I have always wondered why I can't edit my own topic titles, anyone know?

Hi Shelley,

I probably should have jumped in this thread earlier, but this is only something Roddy can fix. I did send him an email a few days ago asking him about it, but haven't received a reply.

I expect he's somewhere with limited internet or similar. I'll try to follow up on things and see what's going on.

Thanks everyone for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Thank you. I just wanted to know someone had heard and action would taken asap.

Is it true that now you have to have email notification to register? The person who messaged me through wechat eventually registered through twitter.

Facebook and twitter are different because they have essentially already done the user verification for you.  Your username and password are already stored with them, and the signup just passes everything along to their servers for verification.

With email, there's no way to know whether a user actually owns the email address they sign up with, and so they get sent an email with a link in it that they need to click to confirm the registration.

As a side question I have always wondered why I can't edit my own topic titles, anyone know?

Shelley,

I've always been able to edit the titles of my threads after getting the whole thread to appear by using "Edit" >> "Use Full Editor"

Abc

• Like 1