Chinese-Forums

Regarding Hanban Scholarship

Jabri93

Hi guys, my name is Jabri and I from Malaysia.

So today I came to the Kongzi Institute UM in Kuala Lumpur to know more about the HSK and scholarship provided by Hanban.

I've been learning mandarin for the past 7 months in hope that I'll be able to get the scholarship to study in China for 1 academic year(HSK 3).

To my surprise, they tell me that the scholarship is only provided for those who are currently studying in universities and wanted to go for exchange program in China. I've just graduated this year and so the scholarship didn't allow me to do that.

My heart broke when I heard this. Continue learning chinese has been my main goal next year. Is this true ?

Is there any way I can continue learning Chinese in China ?

• Like 1

The chinese government scholarship, does it support normal people ? I mean,for example those working and already graduated and looking for scholarship to continue their chinese language studies. Thank you so much for the reply, I really appreciated since I'm currently at a phase of navigating and exploring in my life direction. I've graduated but I think I'm not really into my work right now and I really enjoy language learning.

Yep. 

Search for this file (outline the full applications procedure and requirements): 2016年孔子学院奖学金招生办法 

Edit: here it is http://wenku.baidu.com/link?url=BRucZzcKI7WO4m1CeGQ-O6KgjW_vg_tLd-kZVKW5YKnrs3ly-9WQRwf5A_01vaPCo35ugo3HYu9QaJkRZysIuZfHQjuonqsuwqgo4xpi1CC