Learn Chinese in China
brogrammer

FluentU year subscription $16.7 / yr (vs $240 / yr)

29 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm looking for people who would be interested in signing up for a year subscription on FluentU for $16.7 / yr vs the individual subscription of $240 / yr.

I've done a similar thing with Skritter. FluentU has a "group/education" type of offer, where if we are able to gather 30 people interested, the price will be reduced to $16.7 per person instead of $240. It gets cheaper as you get more people (but discount gets lower and lower) I figured it would benefit everyone, as the subscription would be for one year and just 7% of the individual price. I think if you've used FluentU and know the insane price they have, this will be a very nice offer.

I already have 3 people who are interested in this. If we're able to get 100 people (probably not likely). the price will then be $10 per user.

If you haven't used FluentU, try out the trial.

Please post here if you're interested in joining the group. Thanks 8)  

Cross posted in chinese pod forum.

https://forum.chinesepod.com/t/fluentu-plus-group-subscription-30-users-16-7-year/1838/1

2 people like this

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Thanks for this idea!

I have a question. Do you think the suscription will only work for Chinese or could I use it to learn another FluentU language instead?

I am interested also - traditional character Chinese and also I am interested in French. I've been aware of FluentU for a long time but did not subscribe. 

Thanks for this idea! 
I have a question. Do you think the suscription will only work for Chinese or could I use it to learn another FluentU language instead? 

I'll ask and get back to you on that. 

• Helpful?
  • rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  
  •  
1 person likes this

Got a reply from FluentU.

http://imgur.com/a/veZz8

So yes you can do multiple languages, just like an individual account. 

PM me your email you want the subscription to be for and that you check often, we got enough people from CP and Reddit to get this going.

1 person likes this

Great idea. Interested too, if I can do other languages (German).

I´m interested too. How would that work with the payment? On the other forum I read that you would ask for payment through Paypal. Is there any other way to pay you? 

And the subscription won´t be limited only to Chinese, is that correct?

Please consider my tentative interest. : D
This sounds very promising, though I'd also like to hear more about FluentU. I've used a few of the more recommended 'learn things online services' and found most of them lacking.
Is this a more 'proper' college-style language course?

It's not college course per say, but it does have some nice features that makes learning easier.

I got more spaces to fill so if you want in PM me.

1 person likes this

SahaliyanUla, if that's what you are looking for, considering using edx.org or cousera.org to learn Chinese for free with online courses. 

I've posted a few links here.

1 person likes this

Ok, I'd like to put my name down - but this time will I actually get notified of how (and to whom) to make the payment and receive the subscription code?

check the link to the chinese pod above. he has more info there.

1 person likes this

Doesn't say what to actually do... Must we create an account on the chinesepod forums and post in that thread? How do we join the group buy? What do?

As a new user i cannot send private messages, could youwrite your contact or send me a message?

I just wanted to thank you, brogrammer and 艾墨本, for your help. I, uh, though I'd actually already posted here, but apparently notifications are either kind of random, or I'm more scatterbrained then I think I am, haha.
To all those taking part, happy learning!

I just want to say thanks for setting this up. I'm really enjoying learning through the videos and the quizzes afterwards! 謝謝幫我學中文!