Chinese-Forums

[Ended] FluentU year subscription $16.7 / yr (vs $240 / yr)

brogrammer

I just wanted to thank you, brogrammer and 艾墨本, for your help. I, uh, though I'd actually already posted here, but apparently notifications are either kind of random, or I'm more scatterbrained then I think I am, haha.
To all those taking part, happy learning!

Hey guys. If you're still interested, my friend has setup a website for people still interested in this subscription. http://fluentudiscount.com/

For the people who like to see before they buy, you'll be able to pay straight away, or pay after you get your login and check out what you get :)

To people who can't message, all you gotta do is sign up there and you'll be good!

• 2 weeks later...

@roddy - expect a response from Ana or Alan about it, telling you that they're only ok with it if the person running it is not making any profit.

I set one up with my buddy and we made a bit of profit, someone messaged them about it, and they downgraded every single account to free without any consideration for the 73 people who wanted to use their service.

They only care about having profit in their pockets sadly, despite their terms and conditions not preventing anyone from doing this.

It was absolutely savage how they handled our situation, because we tried our hardest to work out a solution that would be best for everyone, including them, though they simply would not listen.

And also if anyone here was a customer of the FluentU Discount site, we're going to be refunding everyone that bought through us their full purchase price. Please be patient, we are sending out more info soon.

To be honest, I'm really upset about this. I mean, wasn't $150 of profit enough the first round? It was very low on your part, what did you expect? You were making a profit out of their service, and publicly! 

I better get refunded ASAP or I'll be filing a PayPal claim. 

@aymen (as a side note, I was not in on the first round. Only profits that went to me were after the website was setup)

I'm upset too, believe me. Everyone is fighting their own battles, mine is struggling financially to support my family.

FluentU Discount was a great way for me to keep a roof over our heads for another month. I truly am grateful you all participated and I'm sorry it didn't work out the way we hoped - though we're not going to rip you off. I don't deserve the money more than anyone else does, and I don't want this to be some sad pity story, I just hope you understand where I'm coming from.

If you cannot wait for the email we are sending out later today that contains refund instructions, please email edwin (at) lignite (dot) io and we'll get you your refund as quickly as possible.

We've just sent out an email explaining the situation with instructions on how to get your full refund, please email edwin (at) lignite (dot) io if you did not get one for some reason. We'll get you sorted out!

Thanks!

Edited by Guest
Full refunds inbooooound!

If I'd closed the topic we'd have had a new one five minutes later asking why it was closed and what's going on and where's our money. I've added a note to the title and first post so people know it's not available.

• Like 1