Chinese-Forums

Site upgrade!

roddy

13 hours ago, roddy said:

Now, everything seems normal?

Working fine!

I just noticed, 6 months later , 2 weeks later etc. in between posts. That looks new?

Great tiny detail improvement, maybe it was there before, but I've never seen it! haha I hadn't realised I was reading an old thread. 

Thanks for all your guys work!

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last 2-3 days I'm once again seeing those time-outs resulting in the cloudflare error page. 

Only when posting, not editing. When I go back I find the post was successful, but it didn't look like it at the time.  

(Possibly the cause of some recent double/quadruple postings?)

Ok, I've turned off everything I thought might be causing it but didn't help. Have turned it all back on and filed a ticket. Apologies for the inconvenience, and I look forward to finding out how I've inadvertently caused this...

3 hours ago, roddy said:

it looks like it's actually an email problem

Are you sure? I have noticed (since last week) a long delay when posting, between pressing 'Submit' and the post actually appearing on the thread. When editing said post, the edited version is published straight away.  

Sound like a firewall problem to my uninformed brain.   

No, but the software folk suggested it was the most common explanation for the issue, and when I did a bit of testing (on topics with lots / no followers) it did seem to make a difference. But the webhost has come back say there's no delay. 

Yeah, when I try and send a test email via SMTP there's a 15 second delay. If I use PHP, it's instant. Email configuration is a bit of a dark art as far as I'm concerned, so I've switched to PHP sending (which should work fine) until I figure something out. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...