Chinese-Forums

Mei Shir, (Mei Shir)

Yezze

So, say for example someone forgot my pencil i let them borrow, and i want to say that is it no problem, after they tell me they forgot it. Would i say mei shir, or mei shir mei shir.... Basically, is there any difference between saying it once and twice?

Haha, interesting. The differences are substle, but of course there are differences.

'meishir' sometimes indicated that it's a bit important, but the speaker can stand or bear the loss. 'meishirmeishir' is really "meishir".:lol:

In other words, the strength of the tune are slightly different.

I think you want to say meishi instead of meishir,in fact,I think there is no difference between saying it once and twice.If you really want to know the little difference between saying it once and twice,sometimes it means that you do not mind in surface when saying it once,surely it shows you really do not mind from heart when saying it twice,but this explanation is not for all situation,so in most case,they have the same meanings

to huaxia

Oh,thank you for your message,儿化音 is just add "r"on the end of 'pinyin',is that right?

Normally you should add "er" at the end(unless the input was advanced ones that have intellective recognisation). But seeing "er" too much is a bit weird, it's just the way that Beijingers speak, rarely saw them written on paper.

没事 and 没事儿 are basically the same thing as mentioned before, just one of them has the erhua added, which is basically a more northern style sounding Mandarin (probably more Beijing centric, so to speak).

Just to reitterate, saying 没事 once means "no event", like "this is not an event worth mentioning, therefore dont worry". But saying 没事 once might mean that, in your heart, you really do mind. Saying it twice means that you start to sound like you really honestly dont mind.

So the difference is how sincere you want to sound- if you want to sound like actually you are a bit angry, then say 没事 once, and dont look up from your book, and dont look the person in the eye. If you say it 没事没事 twice, and look up, look them in the eye, smile, etc, this means you really dont mind.

Complicated eh?:lol: