Chinese-Forums

Nocturne 夜曲 - Jay Chou

skylee

Beautiful lyrics (not that I can hear what he sings) and melody.

夜曲

歌手:周杰倫 作曲:周杰倫 填詞:方文山

一群嗜血的螞蟻  被腐肉所吸引

我面無表情 看孤獨的風景

失去妳 愛開始分明

失去妳 還有甚麼事好關心

當鴿子不再象徵和平 我終於被提醒

廣場上餵食的是禿鷹

我用漂亮的押韻 形容被掠奪一空的愛情

啊 烏雲開始遮蔽 夜色不乾淨

公園裏 葬禮的回音 在漫天飛行

送妳的 白色玫瑰 在純黑的環境凋零

烏鴉在樹枝上詭異的很安靜

靜靜聽 我黑色的大衣 想溫暖妳 日漸冰冷的回憶 走過的 走過的生命

啊 四周瀰漫霧氣

我在空曠的墓地 老去後還愛妳

為你彈奏蕭邦的夜曲 紀念我死去的愛情

跟夜風一樣的聲音 心碎的很好聽

手在鍵盤敲很輕 我給的思念很小心

妳埋葬的地方叫幽冥

為你彈奏蕭邦的夜曲 紀念我死去的愛情

而我為妳隱姓埋名 在月光下彈琴

對妳心跳的感應 還是如此溫熱親近

懷念妳那鮮紅的唇印

那些斷翅的蜻蜓 散落在這森林

而我的眼睛 沒有絲毫同情

失去妳 淚水混濁不清

失去妳 我連笑容都有陰影

風在長滿青苔的屋頂 嘲笑我的傷心  像一口沒有水的枯井

我用淒美的字型 描繪後悔莫及的那愛情

為你彈奏蕭邦的夜曲 紀念我死去的愛情

跟夜風一樣的聲音 心碎的很好聽

手在鍵盤敲很輕 我給的思念很小心

妳埋葬的地方叫幽冥

為你彈奏蕭邦的夜曲 紀念我死去的愛情

而我為妳隱姓埋名 在月光下彈琴

對妳心跳的感應 還是如此溫熱親近

懷念妳那鮮紅的唇印

一群嗜血的螞蟻  被腐肉所吸引

我面無表情 看孤獨的風景

失去妳 愛開始分明

失去妳 還有甚麼事好關心

當鴿子不再象徵和平 我終於被提醒

廣場上餵食的是禿鷹

我用漂亮的押韻 形容被掠奪一空的愛情

Listen -> http://mp3.sina.com.cn/g?k=%D2%B9%C7%FA+%D6%DC%BD%DC%C2%D7&_ss=mp3#

MV -> 1 2

I guess some people might consider that the Chinese language is quite a failure (being tonal, non-phonetic, with hard-to-write characters, and full of non-standard pronunciations and non-standard speakers etc), and may not be worthy of learning by those with critical minds.

hah, toneless words being sung at high speed + jay chou's mumbling

30-40% comprehensibility only because of his slurring singing accent. High speed + toneless isn't really a problem.

no wonder they need lyric sheets/subtitles for everything

and these dont exist in English?

I guess some people might consider that the Chinese language is quite a failure (being tonal, non-phonetic, with hard-to-write characters, and full of non-standard pronunciations and non-standard speakers etc), and may not be worthy of learning by those with critical minds.

True, but ultimately languages aren't learned for fun, but for usefulness. Esperanto is designed to be logical and simple and to be learned very quickly, but then again no one speaks it.

30-40% comprehensibility only because of his slurring singing accent. High speed + toneless isn't really a problem.

Are you serious? You can only understand 30-40% of that Chinese song?

and these dont exist in English?

Sure, but they don't have them on the bottom of every music video.

Yes' date=' because it's non-standard Chinese.

[/quote']

That's such a low % though.

So if that Chinese was spoken with perfect tones you would still only understand 30-40%? It seems like you are trying to shift the blame entirely to non-standard Chinese usage?? Who is this song meant to be understood by?

That's just the Chinese convention, a looks-cool-&-why-not kind of thing, not by necessity.

I asked a Chinese friend (native Chinese, fluent in Mandarin) on the internet the meaning of a song title... "zheng yi zhi yan bi yi zhi yan". They couldn't answer me. I had to send them a link to the music video where the lyrics/song title were shown before they could give me the characters.

I think in the whole CD i only like this song

发如雪

狼牙月 伊人憔悴

我举杯 饮尽了风雪

是谁打翻前世柜

惹尘埃是非

缘字诀 几番轮回

你锁眉 哭红颜唤不回

纵然青史已经成灰

我爱不灭

繁华如三千东流水

我只取一瓢爱了解

只恋你化身的蝶

你发如雪

凄美了离别

我焚香感动了谁

邀明月 让回忆皎洁

爱在月光下完美

你发如雪

纷飞了眼泪

我等待苍老了谁

红尘醉 微醺的岁月

我用无悔

刻永世爱你的碑

Rap:

你发如雪

凄美了离别

我焚香感动了谁

邀明月 让回忆皎洁

爱在月光下完美

你发如雪

纷飞了眼泪

我等待苍老了谁

红尘醉 微醺的岁月

啦儿啦 啦儿啦

啦儿啦儿啦

啦儿啦 啦儿啦

啦儿啦儿啦

铜镜映无邪 扎马尾

你若撒野

今生我把酒奉陪

30-40% comprehensibility only because of his slurring singing accent.
hehe, Quest does much better than me on this, usually, I can just get 10-20% at most and mainly in the chorus.

Who is this song meant to be understood by?

I dont know others opinions, but the singer for sure understands what he sings.:)

发如雪
It is a pity that he ruined a nice song, which IMHO should be sung by Zhang Xueyou.

"zheng yi zhi yan bi yi zhi yan". They couldn't answer me. I had to send them a link to the music video where the lyrics/song title were shown before they could give me the characters.

睁一只眼闭一只眼 isn't difficult at all... it's a pretty standard phrase. Did your friend learn his/her pinyin well? Toneless sentences and phrases are mostly understandable; I would agree, however, that toneless words would quite often cause confusion.

That's such a low % though.

So if that Chinese was spoken with perfect tones you would still only understand 30-40%? It seems like you are trying to shift the blame entirely to non-standard Chinese usage?? Who is this song meant to be understood by?

I think intelligibility takes only a secondary role in songs. That's why we can enjoy songs sung in foreign languages. If he sang in a standard accent, the high speed would probably only affect intelligbility on one or two words. Another thing is that the vocab used in Chinese songs tend to be more poetic and literary, and that affects intelligibility to some extent. I don't think this is strictly a Chinese problem. Songs are not meant to be understood 100%, anyways; most lyrics nowadays are just random bss.... For Jay, unintelligibility is the "cool" factor, so it wasn't meant to be understood.

LiYuanXi, indeed 髮如雪 is very nice, though it is a bit old-fashioned (and so will be suitable for Jacky Cheung too). I think Jay Chou sings it well enough. And adapting "弱水三千只取一瓢飲" in the lyrics is particularly to my liking.

And I suppose you like it because of the ending?

Listen to 髮如雪

Anyway, Jay wrote the song, I don't think he will let zhang xue you sing the songs he wrote.

actually jay composed the music for Jacky Cheung's Suan Ming (算命) which was on his 2001 album Jacky Fever (熱)....i only noticed when i checked the lyrics. I'm a huge fan of Jacky :mrgreen:

Jacky also sang Jay's Clear stars (星晴) in his recent 2004 Sports for Live concert (活出生命Live演唱会).

although both those songs were sung pretty well...i think its very different when Jacky sings it...like Jay writes for Jay even though he isn't a great singer and mumbles a lot, his songs suit his style.

okay that was my 2 cents...back into my hole now.

Can someone help me out in finding Jay's concert calender/schedule? I read that he won't be holding any concerts in China for a year so is there anything coming up in Taiwan or HK? For me, it would be worth the trip :)

I've tried looking, but can't find any schedules.. Any help would be much appreciated!