I spent last weekend in Bangkok and took these pictures. The one with the bottles is a gem, though the other two are not very interesting, but at least they are new. Enjoy.
Contributors to this blog
About this blog
Entries in this blog
This is a notice on a tree. What has happened to it? What will happen to it? And what after that?
1) Roughly, (or as accurately as you can translate it) what was consumed?
2) What does the establishment request you do not do in order to avoid disorder?
3) I'm not even sure this is possible, but - find a picture of the restaurant and perhaps even dishes . . .
Sorry for not posting any Signese lately. 乐不思蜀.
Sorry also for the quality of this one - mobile phone photo taken through the sliding doors of a subway. Should be legible, although I'll help you out with the last character - it's the traditional version of 价.
Your question - what brand is being advertised?
Thanks to Joel for the photo . . .
1) What did I have for lunch?
2) What kind of restaurant was this?
3) You'll need to resort to the Internet for this one, but can anyone name the restaurant?
Everyone who gets it right receives pictures of the meal to print out and keep.
1) What film did we watch? Summarize the plot and explain for those of us who got confused.
2) Were these full price tickets?
3) Using a subway map and www.bjbus.com, plan a route home to the east gate of Tsinghua University.
See if you can understand what's in the photo.
Here is a 2004 thread on the artist -> Controversial and Billionaire painter
2) Who's selling it?
3) What will it cost?
4) Where can you go to find out more?
5) Wouldn't one sign have done?
It's a 1999 note, and it may have spent some time making its way from the scene of the crime to Beijing, so the culprit may have moved on. Do not let this stop you. Do not give up. Do not lose heart. Justice must be done.
1) What's for sale
2) Where do they come from?
3) What price are they for sale at?
4) Where should you go to make a purchase? Not sure I would have got this one easily without knowing the area.
Here's a hand-scribbled ad stuck up on a window near my local breakfast emporium (ok, McDonald's. Best value coffee in Beijing, I maintain). Rather than just ask you a bunch of questions though, I'm hereby challenging you to transcribe or translate the entire ad. If you can't do it all just do the bits you can.
2) What should you not do?
3) What is there a danger of if you do?
1) What has been imported?
2) From where?
3) What price are they available at?
4) What aspect of said items is singled out for praise?
5) What are we wished to be every day?
6) Where's the pun?
7) For extra credit (not sure it's even possible) what is the text at bottom left that I cut off?
1) What has happened to the writer of the note?
2) What are readers asked to do?
3) What job do you think the writer does?
4) What's happening at the end of the second line, I can't figure it out?
5) What information did I crop from the bottom?
So, what various types of assistance will the gentlemen on the other end of the phone provide?