- We encourage you to sign up for events on Meetup.com
- Any specific feedback on previous months’ activities?
- Would someone else like to try taking notes?
We welcome feedback!
- Comments to blog posts are fine
- Private messages through Meetup.com or WeChat work as well
- Review of last month's meeting
- Introductions at 1:30 pm
Activity: Intro to WeChat
- vocabulary: 加我吧，请加我，发信息，发微信，发短信，微信群，把我加到群里吧，你想加入我们的群吗？, 请扫我，你来扫我吧，我来扫你吧，发语音，翻译
WeChat functionality (15 minutes):
- Scan someone
- Let someone else scan you
- Add someone to group by letting them scan the group QR code
- Translate message
- Send voice message
- Create group
- Mention: switch interface to Chinese, export to email, people nearby, shake
How to ask for help in WeChat group (15 minutes):
- Simple question: expect a direct answer
- Non-question: how do I say this?
- Question in quotes: how do I ask this in Chinese?
- Voice message: how is my pronunciation?
Answer questions in WeChat group (30 minutes):
- Play a round of Werewords if there's time
- Optional Mandarin corner for 15-30 minutes (set timer)
Notes for future reference:
- wechat in chinese
- webcomics (pair up)
- dictation (google translate)
- translation (poem, song, dialogue)
- partial verses
- art museum
- text adventure