Chinese-Forums

Forum Get-together, Friday 8th, 7:00pm

billiardsmike

haha seems like you guys definitely don't have "hailiang" when it comes to drinking?!

Hey Qcash3 you lost your passport already? didn't you just come out to China? haha take care of your personal belongings! Well I don't recommend you guys go out drinking with anyone from Haerbin if that's what you plan on doing next since those peeps will outdrink you in a second! But my recommendation, bring a friend, slowly eat yang xiezi or huo guo, and go through about 200-300 ml of erguotou each over 4 hours. Do this a few times and you won't ever have to worry about letting any lesser alcohol ever effecting you.

Haha, yeah my friend just suggested that I stay away from Baijiu all together. Although, the 4 hour tip is a good one. Friday was more like 30 minutes. Luckily I had a copy of my passport and visa, which was valuable in facilitating a replacement, although it cost me $100 bucks :evil:. My parents were okay with it so it's all good. I'm game for another meet-up, wherever and whenever you all decide to have it. Classes for me don't start till the 18th, so I have a little bit of time before I have to worry about jumping off a bridge because of character frustration.

think this week the enormity of the studying situation will begin to hit home

yeah. I've been put in class 102 (a BNU thing) and I know one other person in the class and he can speak loads of Mandarin! Classes start tomorrow and I've got 3 of them.

Handy tip : leave your passport at home in a safe place. You don't need it when you go out. Take a photocopy with you if you really think you need it. Getting pissed? Same as when I go out in London - I take a wad of cash to tide me over and maybe a cashcard if I feel I may need it. The wallet stays at home. Of course, if I'm just going out for a beer or two then I take my wallet even though "a beer or two" often turns out to mean drinking loads.

My internet service just got back up. Anyone run across a backpack Friday night? Somehow, mine didn't make it back with me. Can't imagine how that happened! Good thing I pretty much emptied it to carry the books. BTW, if I made an ass of myself, sincere apologies. If you let me know who you are, I'll personalize it.

Hey, guys! Being the laolao of the group, I hestitated to reply to this thread but even I am feeling a bit housebound... Okay, maybe it's too late for this weekend, but what about next Saturday? Same place? (International Beer Garden) or if someone wants to suggest an alternative? Jeez, if even I am feeling the lack of social life... Suggestions anyone? Mike? Roddy? Paul? ANYONE???

Mafdo

I don't drink beer, I'm not sure about the other girls, but I don't really like international beer garden.

What about some place in Hou Hai? It's got tons of bars so if you don't like the one we're at, we can just go somewhere else. And it's on the water and it has a really nice view at night. There are also tons of bars with rooftop seating. The only problem is picking a bar at Hou Hai that is easy enough for everyone to get to.

I've been to Touch (cool rooftop bar) but it's hard to give directions to b/c it's right in the middle.

Or there is a Starbucks on Lotus Lane (the main entrance) and we can all meet there at a certain time and then walk to a bar together. If you haven't been to Hou Hai, I definitely suggest that we go there.

Any ideas?

There are now at least two threads for this and I am afraid some ppl will miss some good suggestions/details.

Roddy, is there some way we can have this topic as a sticky or something? Start another forum "Social Gatherings" ? :-)

I am sure though whatever was done someone would still start a new thread and not see the old one! Maybe lock the other threads and point to this one?

Dont know what is best, you probably have a better idea than me.

I posted the info here first because it had to do with a get together, but then thought people would be confused b/c it said Friday the 8th and the discussion turned into visa/passports, etc. SO, I thought it would be LESS confusing to post it under new and different topic with a clear date. I wasn't posting info twice for my amusement.