Chinese-Forums

Resume help. What to leave off?

nitropuppy

I'm thinking of going to China to teach english. I have a few questions for what to put or leave off my resume. I received a Bachelors degree way back in 1983. In Aerospace engineering. However, because of my Navy carreer I had expertise in underwater explosives demolitions. After graduation, I was recruited by a demolitions company.I worked in that business for fifteen years. I later went on to become a pilot.(Helicopters)

Recently I earned my TESL certificate. I have two years prior experience in teaching chinese immigrant children. Now, I want to teach in China.

My questions are this; Because of the paranoid atmosphere regarding terrorism, should I mention this lengthy period of my life in explosives demolitions on my resume?

Also, can someone tell me what documents a University in China needs for reference. I have my university diploma, explosives licenses in numerous states, and my pilots license. Unfortunately, I don't have my old college transcripts. Should I request a copy from my Alma Mater, or will most China universities just call them to confirm my grade point average.

I don't want to arrive there unprepared. Can anybody help me here? I know this is an odd and unique set of questions, but any advise would help. THANKS!

I would call the demolition company a "construction company' instead (haha!). As for a transcript, I don't think it would necessary. Those hiring for teaching jobs in China seem to care only about the degree and not the grades. A copy of your diploma should be enough. I would recommend scanning it and keeping a .jpg copy as an attachment in your email account so that it can be easily sent to various places.