Chinese-Forums

Sogou pinyin, Sogou Chinese IME

badr

So it finally downloaded and installed the latest version... I see what you mean about some extras... but it did not interfere with pinyin input or my other ime's... I dont have a lot of time to fiddle with it right now due to lots of uni work... will have more of a play later...

wyjbzdghjl - not sure if that's the exact quote but it's how I remember it and it comes up right. Need to be careful though as it could just be remembering stuff you've typed - I was going to post that it was pretty hot on names of some fictional tv characters, then I remembered I'd probably typed them in the past - although try txy,ldz,gfu (sorry, gfr) and bzt and see what you get, maybe it's not just me, I'm not yet qdydyjkd

Ok, if you want to turn the ☞ and ascii art stuff off>

Spanner Icon for settings > 高级设置 > 高级模式 section > deselect the one starting '表情&符号

Something else I've just found as a result of looking at those settings - type v 1984 and you get 一千九百八十四;壹仟玖佰捌拾肆;壹玖捌肆;1,984 among your options.

Also, sj gives you 22:00:02; xq gives you 2009年3月2日 星期一 - or whatever the actual time and date are. shacha for 傻×. ssd for ℃.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I seem to be having trouble installing this awesome-looking program! :roll: Like the previous post, after I download and try to install it, it says that there's a "failure" and won't continue the installation process. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Would really appreciate any kind of feedback! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Sogou PinYin Input 4.2 and installed successfully in my laptop (win xp) but when it came to the configuration I got stuck coz all the text in the interface windows appeared as small squares. I guess my laptop coudnt display (traditional, perhaps)Chinese characters .

The problem is I just started to learn Chinese very recently thus even if my laptop can display Chinese characters I would not understand to finish the setting.

Is there a version with English interface? Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Chec.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else's Sogou Pinyin suddenly changed appearance? :roll:

Looks like a recent update changed settings so it would randomly use an official skin - I suddenly had a Disney themed one, complete with Goofy lying at the end of my word selection bar.

If you want to fix it back, click on the spanner icon (or Goofy's bone, in my case) to get settings, then it's 设置属性 (very top), 外观 from the menu at the left, and then deselect 使用皮肤 (or tell it which one you actually want to use.

Could have been awkward if I'd been doing a presentation to Warner Bros.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any English page for some simple operation? I get scared by any Chinese only interface.

How does it compare to google pinyin? (which I don't use either)

Like to add that I have no grievances with the Xp IME, but the W7 IME does not work nice for me.