Chinese-Forums

Sogou pinyin, Sogou Chinese IME

badr

And I only realized recently that you could actually import Sogou vocab lists (词库) into QIM for Mac for a while now, which is exactly what I thought QIM lacked: the abundance of vocabs. Now I don't think I'll be waiting for developers to further improve Sogou for Mac, but will just stick with QIM instead. Seems the most advanced pinyin input method for Mac anyway.

• 3 years later...

I recently purchased a new laptop computer with Windows 8 preinstalled. I downloaded and installed Sogou Pinyin Input, and it worked fine yesterday (the day I installed it). However, using the computer today, the little language option "ENG" is no longer in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, so I have no way to switch to Chinese input, and I cannot find any other way of initiating Sogou either.

Any ideas on how I can get the language option to appear at the bottom right of the screen, or any other way to initiate Chinese input? Sorry if this is a trivial problem.

I use google pinyin on my windows 8 touchscreen tablet, and there is the ENG sign at the lower right. I can switch the input method by pressing "alt" and "shift". Perhaps you could try it.

PS - I also use a freeware called "classic shell" so that I don't have to deal with the metro UI. You could try it too if you like.

"alt" and "shift" does not work. The problem is that I don't have the ENG sign at the lower right. If I did, then I could change to Chinese via that. That's what I had yesterday. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that loads Sogou on startup or something, but I haven't found it so far.

Mine doesn't look exactly the same as yours, but as far as I can see, my settings are the same as yours. However, these seem to be internal Sogou settings. The problem is that I don't even have the option of starting Sogou.