Chinese-Forums

C Test PK HSK

heifeng

I doubt I'll do it, but you never know.

Did the exam today. Pretty straightforward, I was quite happy that with one exception (遗产的遗) I remembered all the characters I needed to write my answers for the fill in the blank writing bits. Doesn't mean those are the right answers, but at least I filled the boxes.

What is even more confusing to me is the BCT (Chinese Test,简称BCT。商务汉语考试) and the C.Test....what's with all these exams all of a sudden (that no one out of Korea apparently uses...)

I'm just about to make a post about this . . .

hey,

Yeah, in the past I have received my HSK results from there, but when I took the C.Test I didn't try to get them online at all (plus the C.Test also gives a detailed breakdown of your answers, etc, I dunno if this site would also supply that)...apparently they have the C.Test field so I would assume you could atleast obtain your 2 section and overall scores from the site, but then again you know what they say when you assume....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Results are out (in fact quite possibly have been for ages, given that I had to use the 考场代码 from my 高级 exam and the other details from the actual C-test to get the results out of hsk.org.cn's database). 96% in the listening, 97% in the general, 98% overall (how does that work? Is that due to weighting?), equals an A. Guess I can tick that one off the list.

考生代码 -考试日期- 听力分数- 听力百分等级- 综合运用分数- 综合运用百分等级 -总分 -总分百分等级- 获证等级

217634100005 -2007-9-16 -808 -96 -781 -97 -795- 98- A

Right enough, 百分等级. As above.

Edit: And don't bother registering for the part of the HSK site that lets you see certificates as opposed to scores - they let you register and then ask you to send in a sealed application from your work unit. Which is tricky when I put my work unit down as chinese-forums.com.

nice score! so what are your thoughts on the C.Test? worth the hype and the whole blcu vs. hanban mess?...did you ever take that hanban business chinese test?

what do you think of the c.test compared to with the hsk?

i'm going to have to reveiw my own write up on the c.test, i 've almost forgot about what it covered...:mrgreen:

Hard to say, last time I took the Elem-Int HSK was 2003, and I forgot everything about the C-test as soon as I left the room. I remember thinking that some of the picture based listening questions weren't very well designed - for those who haven't taken it, you get a picture (ie a graph), hear some people discussing the graph, and then have to answer multiple choice questions. However in at least some cases you could basically answer the question from the picture, and there was no need to do any listening.