Chinese-Forums

Where to access resources to teach

Kiwijes

Hi,

I am going to Taizhou (Jiangsu) in February next year. I am going as part of a local government relationship between my home town and Taizhou and my accommodation and meals at the school are paid for as well as a very small salary. I have never taught before and I have no idea where to start. I do have an amazing desire to put as much into this as I can though.

I have been told I am teaching elementary (fine by me). I have been warned that I will be thrown in the deep end and will not be given any info to structure my classes with.

So I have started looking on the internet for lesson plans with the assumption that these kids will have very little, or no english experience so far, so I need to start from scratch. All lesson plans on the internet just seem too advanced for absolute beginners so I was hoping anybody in a similar experience can point out any links or give me any handy hints. Your advise, as always, is very much appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...