Chinese-Forums

Chinese Podcasts (w/ transcripts?)

xentropic

Hi, after so many years this topic is still so hot. Amazing. And thanks for recommendation of CSLPod. But I think some information about CSLPod needs update.

1. Yes, CSLPod is still a podcast with transcript. But CSLPod makes each transcript into a lyric file so that every users can listen to the audio and read corresponding character at the same time. As show below:

007.png

2. So far, CSLPod has delivered over 1500 podcasts.

3. Podcasts for elementary and upper elementary are recorded in three speed: slow, intermediate and normal.

4. From 2011, CSLPod started to charge $9.99 for a month’s subscription. Long term subscription has some discount. But, audios are and will always be free.

Modular Podcasts

These podcasts are independent, meaning they can be listened to in any order. Just find a level that suites you, and choose one.

http://www.cslpod.co...sh/Default.aspx

(4) 600+ podcasts. Beijing based. Unlike chinesepod, the intermediate lessons are quite comprehensible, meaning they explain most of the non-beginner vocabulary in the dialogues, and use mostly beginner vocabulary in their explanations. Unfortunately, the dialogues are a little slow. But the majority of the podcasts, the explanations, are normal speed. All Mandarin. Sound quality generally good, although occasionally just fair. The lesson I listened to was about 8 min. Free transcripts.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to 锵锵三人行 quite a lot recently and using the transcripts. I've only just realised that there's loads of other shows on that Phoenix channel that have transcripts too. 

Here's how I find them:

This website http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/ gives you a list of all the shows. It doesn't look like a list but it is: between each (blue) section heading and the bunch of photos are the names of the programmes, and if you hover over them you can see they are hyperlinks.

Click on one and it takes you to that programme's main page. 

The url will be something like: phtv.ifeng.com/program/sskj/

Add the following on to the end of the url: list_0/0.shtml and load the page.

This gives you a list by episodes, with transcripts.

Or at least this works for the several I've tried.

Quite possibly I've been missing something all this time and there's a "transcripts" button or link somewhere that I've missed. But I spent ages faffing unsuccesfully in the past and was quite pleased with myself to discover this actually rather obvious little fix so hopefully someone might find it interesting at some point.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi, after so many years this topic is still so hot. Amazing. And thanks for recommendation of CSLPod. But I think some information about CSLPod needs update.

1. Yes, CSLPod is still a podcast with transcript. But CSLPod makes each transcript into a lyric file so that every users can listen to the audio and read corresponding character at the same time. As show below:

007.png

2. So far, CSLPod has delivered over 1500 podcasts.

3. Podcasts for elementary and upper elementary are recorded in three speed: slow, intermediate and normal.

4. From 2011, CSLPod started to charge $9.99 for a month’s subscription. Long term subscription has some discount. But, audios are and will always be free.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it looks like the Audi isn't free? It has a lock next to it. Also, did you guys stop recording new podcasts?

Thanks!