Chinese-Forums

BLCU spring-term 2007, anyone?

floressas

I am also enrolled for spring semester. I am very much looking forward to it. If we do have a little get together prior to classes, would anyone volunteer to get people's emails/names and send out a notice of where and when? I am fairly new to the forum and didn't get to catch everyone's post on this thread. :)

Re: Visa -

The embassy in DC takes 4 business days to issue a visa, but you can also express it into a one day or next day by paying extra money.

- Jin

wow, that's really cheap. i'm flying from Frankfurt to beijing in a direct flight. not over amsterdam first. can u tell me what airline he's flying with? i'm flying with Air China. and i payed about 400 euros for a one way flight.

i'm leaving holland on febr. 2nd. maybe we can meet someday, who knows.

hi,

sorry this information is wrong. It was 280€ for a one way flight from amsterdam to beijing. The airline is AIR CHINA. But this is cheaper than yours... I havent booked yet, i will book next week i hope i will have luck with the price..

What do you think is better one or two way flight?

Because i heard from china back to europe is more expensive than the opposite..

Yes sure we can meet. I will arriveing at 26. Feb ...

bye

Hey everyone!

I think a meet-up would be really useful. I found this cute website about WuDaoKou and it gives you a list of restaurants/cafes, clubs and bars, and shopping attractions. It'll help you get acquainted with the college-town area before and when you get there!

http://www.atthewu.com/

Has everyone figured out their housing situation? I think i'm in building 7...

~lindsay

If you can get the document to download (I just tried and failed) might be an idea to upload it as an attachment here.

just PM me if you want it.

PM's aren't enabled for everyone. If you want to be generally contactable you need to either give your email address, or enable emails from users in your options.

it's not all one teacher, they will use at least two, when I was there for the 4 week course last year they used a total of 3: one guy that was always there in the early morning and then 2 women that switched off for the second half of the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

hey! i'm going to be in beijing on february 27th to start my course on the 1st of march.....my name is charlotte, i have never studied any mandarin (which should be interesting!) i'm english, 18 and on my gap year (i.e. just left school and will start university next year).

i am also going into dorms, and i can't decide if this is a good thing or not as i've heard mixed reviews about these - are any of you guys going into dorms?!

see you there!

Anyone decide on a get-together for BLCU students? I get in to Beijing on Feb. 21, so I' good for Feb 22 on. Looking forward to meeting everyone. MAybe someone already in Beijing can suggest a definate spot/ place to meet?

I'd surely enjoy a get-together of all us students in BJ. I'm in BJ at the moment soif you want i can look for a place to organize it.

i know there is a bar in the centre of Beijing where lots of foreigners like to come. maybe that's a nice place to meet. or also in the neighbourhood of BLCU there's a nice place to meet. i'll just look into it and i will let you know.

Hi,

I'm Jane and I leaving Hong Kong on Feb. 26th in order to commence my studies (two year course) on March 5th. Well, I had a look at some of your comments some time ago but it seems most of haven't been on the site for a looong time. Don't you think it would be nice to meet up and get together once we all arrived in Beijing in the end of February??? Anyone of you staying also for a two year term? I guess you are all busy preparing for trip to Beijing soon... Are you staying at campus or have you found something in walking distance to the uni? For time being I will be staying on campus...and will look for something else if available.

Any other first timers starting on March 5th???.... ;)

Tipps and anything you would consider as essential to know before I take off to Beijing please feel free to catch up with!!!

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards

Jane

Hey Janedoe,

If you need any help looking for a room outside the campus of BLCU i would recommend you searching rooms on this website: www.thatsbj.com

that's where i found my room and the agency where i got my room from wasreally nice and doesnt charge that much agency fee as the usual agencies do. together with my girlfriend (chinese) i went to take a look and it was very nice room.

so if you don't know where to start looking for a room start at this website.