Chinese-Forums

BLCU spring-term 2007, anyone?

floressas

Hey, i will arrive at feb, 27th...

I will live in a flat with my cousin 2 railwaystations away from the campus... so i cant give you an information about dorms or hotel :lol:

The first of march is a thursday, so we can have a get-together at friday, because of weekend :wink: what do you think about that...?!

Regards

Jan

Hi!

What dorm building is everyone staying at? Can we arrange for an on-campus meet & greet, like maybe in a lounge or something, so it's easier for everyone to assemble. I don't move in until Feb 28th but I'll be in Haidian district before that.

Does anyone know if the 4-week class in March starts on the 1st or 3rd? I just noticed that the 1st is a Thursday so don't know if classes start the next Monday or not.

hey Lindsay. I will arrive on the 19th of February and im trying to finalize my stay @ the xijiao hotel from 19th to the 24th, until i can fix this dormitory issue I have w/ building 12. i'll join in as well as anyone else. just let me know! im getting impatient with xijiao hotel I sent them 2 messages and 2 emails already and still no reply! Anyone deal business with them?

Hi AnnaYa, hi Soulcreeper,

To you both thanks for writing back!!! I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all soon. I will arrive on Feb. 26th and will stay in dorm no. 12....for time being :)

As I understood from the forms class will commence on March 5th, right??? Or is it March 1st....still a bit confused as info posted on blcu and worldlinkedu say something different....

I assume if it starts on March 1st it is for setteling all the administrative things and placement test and teaching starts the following Monday.

Regards

Jane

hey jane! we're arriving on the same day...that's awesome! i'm so excited to go to beijing.....seriously cannot wait, but am a bit nervous about the whole start, you know, the admin and stuff which so far has been shockingly badly organised - but i guess it's all part of the foreign experience!

see you guys there

Hi Greggs,

Yes, I'm pretty much excited, too...can't hardly wait to arrive in Beijing. I'm currently living in Hong Kong so it's only a 31/2 hour flight for us. Have been to BJ just two weeks ago together with my father as it was hardly possible to arrange anything in regard to the student dorms available on campus. Still in the end we were lucky enough to find a room. Greggs, for how long are you staying at BLCU?

@Phantim3dx, just saw that we are living in the same house....:)

bai bai

Jane

Hi, my name is Q

I apply BLCU short term program (march-july).

I have some problems though. I can't get F visa (student visa) in my country so I get the tourist visa.

questions:

1. Can I still join BLCU with the tourist visa ? (I have read the notes to new student, It says "you must apply for an "F" visa. Otherwise, you cannot get registered". :oops: )

2. Is it easy and will not take a long time to convert the tourist visa to F visa in Beijing ? (maybe I will arrive in Beijing around 20-24 feb)

3. Are there any other ways to solve my problem :cry: ?

:help

hey!

nistola - don't worry...i was was speaking to someone who went to blcu who didn't have a visa when they arrived, and they said they managed to get one in china, but it was really tough! it was a long time ago though, but i'm sure you'll be fine.

janedoe - i'm staying for a semester course (so 4 months)...it'll be so much fun. and yourself?

yep - definitely on for a campus meet thing, and friday sounds like a great idea.

see you there (less than 2 weeks now!)

friday sounds like a real good deal to me too. let's meet at the westgate first and then go to see some lounge where we can hang out.

Anyone else here is in Beijing already? i am staying about 20 min by bus away from blcu. just got myself a really comfy room apprtment together with my gf. Maybe someone up for a meeting already? am getting really bored here. no internet in my appartment yet and no-one to get around with while my gf is at work.

I don't know about the if u can join with an L visa. But as far as changing visa here it is not a problem. There are plenty of agencies that will do it for money ( about 1500 RMB). But if you got a form from BLCU you can do it by yourself for 160RMB. I did it. It took a week (maybe got some express for an additional fee) but i don't know if they work in spring festival.

Hi dachelun,

That's fantastic to hear! I am going to have a problem getting the visa sorted out in time myself.

I didn't realise there was 2 weeks of winter academic holidays before the 2 weeks of new year celebrations - so I can't get in touch with any uni at the moment, by either phone or email. And I'm sure not paying over US$1000 to an agency to do it for me (i can fly to hong kong and back for that). I doubt I'll have time to get the visa between when they start back and when I want to arrive (mid-March).

But your post has given me great confidence to just go get the tourist visa, and sort everything out when I get there. It's all do-able! Awesome.

(I want to go to BNU instead of BLCU, but if that is not possible then BLCU is next on my list to try... so maybe will see some of you there :))

Hey everybody,

I am rocking up to Beijing on the 23rd for the 16 week course. I think it'd be pretty cool to have a meet up of some of the newbies on the course. If anyone in Beijing can suggest a better place for a meet up in Wu than Lush and then Propaganda/Zub let's hear it (if the Russians want to go to Taku, I'd be down with that too ;)). See you all in Beijing!

p.s find me at mike13-12-1987@hotmail.co.uk

Hi dachelun,

It is a shorter one. I want to do a course lasting 12 weeks. Hopefully I have not missed the application deadline for all of those - I've done pretty much everything I can do from here now... the BLCU 12 week course says the application deadline is the 16th of March so I shouldn't have too much trouble with that one (if it's not already full of course!).

Heya!

I've finally got my F Visa and flight to Beijing on the 22nd February and am almost ready to go for my 20 week semester!

I'm being collected by someone from AccessMandarin next Thursday, but once I'm partially settled in, I'd love to say hello to you guys already there for a few beers, teas or what have you! If there's a plan going then pm/email/msn me on cheungy01273@hotmail.com!

Looking forward to it, and HAPPY NEW YEAR btw!!!