Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
stephanhodges

editing post error message

stephanhodges

** EDIT ** OK, I see it's been mentioned before. I don't see a way to delete the post, however.

When I edited my post just now, to add some extra words, after I pressed Save, it gave this message:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /editpost.php(623) : eval()'d code on line 1

Post seems OK, so over to you :)

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

stephanhodges

well, third times the charm, as they say...

roddy

The upgrade today has now fixed this error. Instead, after editing your post now sometimes disappear completely, and you have to reload to bring it back. I'm not sure if that's progress or not . . .

tshihmin
On 12/2/2006 at 8:26 PM, roddy said:

The upgrade today has now fixed this error. Instead, after editing your post now sometimes disappear completely, and you have to reload to bring it back. I'm not sure if that's progress or not . . .

How do I edit my post if I want to add some extra words? I can't see any 'edit' button.

abcdefg
7 hours ago, tshihmin said:

How do I edit my post if I want to add some extra words? I can't see any 'edit' button.

You have attached your question to a very old thread (2006) so the answer won't be there. Forum has undergone many revisions in the intervening 12 years. 

To edit a post today, just press the "edit" button at the bottom of the posting box. The "edit" tag appears when you access a post of your own, but not when you visit a post written by someone else. 

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. Left lower corner, type font is in blue instead of black. 

edit.thumb.PNG.3c02ef5b56d0524b5d78dc486858397b.PNG

• Helpful 1

tshihmin
8 hours ago, abcdefg said:

You have attached your question to a very old thread (2006) so the answer won't be there. Forum has undergone many revisions in the intervening 12 years. 

To edit a post today, just press the "edit" button at the bottom of the posting box. The "edit" tag appears when you access a post of your own, but not when you visit a post written by someone else. 

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. Left lower corner, type font is in blue instead of black.

The post is my own post. Strange! I don't seem to see any 'edit' button at the bottom left corner of the posting box as you mentioned. 😭

abcdefg

Maybe an administrator can help you. I'll flag this post so that one of them sees it. 

• Thanks 1

mungouk
4 hours ago, tshihmin said:

I don't seem to see any 'edit' button

I think you might have to make 10 posts before the edit button appears?  (and you're no longer a "new member").

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 2

Lu

Mungouk is correct. @tshihmin, I have made you an established member, you should be able to edit your posts now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BXD

@Lu

Hi! I wanted to add a link to one of my posts, but I am unable to see the "edit" button.

I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!

abcdefg

BXD -- The moderators rotate being "on duty," so Lu might not see your request. But I'll flag it so that whoever is around this weekend can help you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

roddy

Should be fine now...

• Thanks 1