Chinese-Forums

Best Cake in Beijing?

vanwilder331

for just the wudaokou area i find cafe bros to be a lot better than any of the other bakeries in the area... yes it is another korean rendition of a bakery/restaurant, but the cakes are a lot better than the competition.

warning though, the cakes are extremely rich. i've had the cheesecakes and chocolate mousse cake and had to accompany each slice with water in the litres.

btw, cafe bros is 2 doors down from mcdonalds at huaqingjiayuan in wudaokou.

there is a chain store in Beijing called WeiDuoMei (味多美), decent cakes and not too expensive.

If you are looking for real western cakes, try some of the bakeries listed in the back of thatsbj. Lots of expensive options.

there are also alot of internet companies in beijing that offer online cakes, they even deliver, my offices gets cakes from "waffle boy". I think its called 瓦富伙子 or something.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On the subject of Western cakes, why are they so expensive in China? Seems like every mall has a bakery for 100+ kuai cakes in Beijing. Is it taking advantage of the fact most people don't have an oven? I cringed when my classmates at BLCU got together and decided we should get a cake EVERY time someone had a birthday.

Where is the cheapest cake in Beijing? (For my roommate's birthday I bought a 2.5 kuai sponge cake and put some candles on it...he appreciated the thought)

• Like 1

@Brian US

I know that little backery inside Tsinghua University had cakes that were significantly below 100 kuai. That was four years ago so not sure how much they raised the price. At least there cake are comparable with most of the more expensive places outside the campus. They were located inside the supermarket closest to the dorms (not the new supermarket in the basement of the chinese language building).

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • New Members

Have you ever heard of Cheese Home (起司家) in Zhangzizhonglu? Check in out, they have the best cheesecakes in Beijing if you ask me. I'm Italian and their Tiramisù is as good as my mother's! Just couldn't believe it. Chocolate banana and apple cinnamon cakes were just heavenly. I think ingredients make the big difference. They don't use chinese cream but import it from New Zealand, together with Vanilla from Madagascar and chocolate from Belgium (as proudly stated on their menù XD ). They also serve a very good coffee from Rickshaw Roasters, a local roasting based in 798 Art District. They also serve rice pizza (interesting concept) and salads in huge bowls. At lunch time expect the place to be very super crowded! Check it out