Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
wushijiao

Korean films

wushijiao

Hey! Can anybody give me some names of some good Korean movies that are fairly common in the DVD stores in China? I've been reading a lot about how Korea's film industry has become fairly good.

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Ian_Lee

Have you watched "Shuri" which was produced 4 or 5 years ago? It was good but since it is very political, I wonder if it is available in China.

TSkillet

There's also my wife is a gangster (shoot, don't have the Chinese title)

sunyata

I recommend:

Oasis

and

Plastic Tree

I like these, because they are not just CGI-filled nationalistic flicks or cheesy comedies, but fairly serious critiques of Korean culture.

SassybutSweet

Have you ever seen TUBE?! This is a good Korean film, if thats what your looking for!! It has action as well as romance!! I love it but the end of it made me want to cry!! It was so sad!! I recommend this flim!! This is my favorite quote:" You fool life is not that complicated!!" This film gets three thumbs up in my opinion!!!

:clap:clap:clap

skylee

Cecilia Cheung in 白蘭 is good. But the movie is sad, old-fashioned and boring IMHO.

ThePhatGentleman

The spirit of Jeet Kun Do is also a great film.

bhchao

What about Winter Sonata (冬季戀歌, 겨울연가)? I heard this TV series has been real popular in Japan.

skylee

Winter Sonata (冬季戀歌) is GREAT (but it is a TV series not a movie). I have the DVD set, and would recommend it to anyone who likes such kind of melodrama, pretty faces, beautiful scenes, and nice songs/music.

But when you watch it you must only enjoy what you see and what you hear and never question whether the story is reasonable. 8) (i.e. 聽故(事)唔好駁故...)

During my trips to China last year, it occurred to me whenever I saw a TV (no matter if it was in Dali old town, Lijiang old town, etc), this drama (dubbed in Mandarin) was being played. (Or maybe it was that people turned on the TV to watch it whenever it was broadcast, and that was all the time!!) And I saw it on TV in Japan this year. Bae Yong-jun (裴勇俊) is hot. :wink: