Chinese-Forums

The Legend of Condor Heroes 1994 射雕英雄传

Young Sing

watching the above. I strongly recommennd to forum members on this show. I feel this is by far the best marital arts fighting show. The recent re-make by China is way too slow and doesn't have as many interesting fighting scene as the Hong Kong version.

Anybody here care to comment?

I always liked 朱茵's 黄蓉 and 张智霖's 靖哥哥。TVB made a series of 金庸 shows in the early 90s, reusing many of the same actors and actresses in each. It was the golden times of TVB 武侠剧。You might want to continue with 神雕侠侣94. I still remember singing the theme song with classmates at school in China: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TH_-ABSpCvQ

Btw, the 2003 神雕 is being broadcast in Japan: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qa5GHklNvdU

too bad the 2003 version doesn't live up to its fame, maybe Japan will get the full uncut version though... and no ”趕走他們“ crap.

Never watched it. But many people seem to prefer the 1983 version (never watched it either). I have watched the recent Mainland version and do not think it is that bad, although its 楊康 is really poorly cast.

Hi Quest,

I'm seeing this LOCH94 (射雕英雄传94) for the 3th time. 1st time (94/95), 2nd time (2000), and 3rd time (2007). Just finish watching the 22 disc this morning. Really good.

As for ROCH94 (神雕侠女94), also watched a few times. But personally, I don't quite like this particular version.

story line wise.. i believe the 94 version is much closer to the actual book (by Jin Yong) as compared to the 83 version.

I agree with you that 翁美玲 (Barbara Yung) is out-standing in the 83 version, but I've to say that 朱英 (Athena Chu Yan) played her role vey well (and didn't try to imitate Barbara.

The only thing I feel is that Felix Wong plays a better Guo Jing (when he's young) as compared to Julian Lam.