Chinese-Forums

UK agencies organising English teachers in China

lypie

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. Myself and my boyfriend are looking to live and teach in China (prefereably Shanghai) for a year starting in September 07.

We've found a few agencies on the internet, some who charge for placements and some who don't, we were just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with any of these agencies before (e.g. ENTICE, China Recruitment and i-to-i etc.) or whether anyone knows of any agencies to recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Ly x

Don't go through any agency that wants you to pay them to put you in a school. These agencies often overlook your well-being and satisfaction for the bottom line.

Check out www.tefl.com for job vacancies. Do a google search for 'teach English Shanghai' and see what you get.

Only one concern: it's a little early to be looking for September vacancies. That doesn't mean, however, that you can't start doing research now. In general, however, I'd say that schools wanting teachers for September will start hiring / interviewing mid-Summer.