Chinese-Forums

Accomomodation near BCLU

JunXiong

大家好!

Next summer I’ m planning to be in Beijing.

I will attend the 4-week summer courses in BCLU.

One of my concerns is accommodation.

I have read some of the threats in this site and I’m a little bit confused.

So I have some questions, and I will be very grateful to anyone who will answer them.

How are the living conditions in single rooms at BLCU dorms.

How far is the BCLU campus from the nearest metro station?

Does anyone could suggest any good hotel near BCLU Campus?

(Please Fax number, e-mail, or web address )

Does anyone have tried to rent an apartment for one month in Beijing?

What will be the cost for an apartment with two rooms (fully furnished with TV, air-conditioner, fridge, shower, toilet etc.)?

Are there any web addresses for real estate offices in Beijing?

Many thanx

JunXiong (军雄)

Hi!

Since you're only gonna be staying for 4 weeks I think living in a dorm room is probably the best choice. The main complaints people have are that they are expensive and to some extent "restricted", ie. there's a concierge who will be there at all times. At night you might have to wake him/her up to get in because they lock the door, and you may not be allowed to bring visitors (especially not at night). This goes for the old dorms at least, I'm not too sure what the rules are like for the new dorms.

As for the room itself it should probably be fine, as long as you get one with a private bathroom. You'll get a TV, small fridge (I think), etc.

If you wanna live in something more hotel-like, a good choice would probably be the "北京留学世界广场“, which there are several threads about already. Just search for either those Chinese chars or "Foreign Students Activities Center" (English name) and I'm sure you'll find them. It's a 10 min bike ride away from BLCU, cheaper and you're allowed more freedom. I never had any problems bringing people home at any hour (even if they too do have guards outside and a concierge inside).

Renting an apartment for just one month will probably be hard, especially if you want to be living alone. You could probably find a shared apartment with an empty room though. But for just one month, I'm really not sure if it's worth the trouble.

The BLCU campus is about 10 mins walking distance from the 五道口 metro station on Line 13 (it's actually not a subway but more like an elevated train). It takes about 10-15 mins I think to get to the 西直门 station on Line 2 (ring line, real subway).

Hope you'll have fun in Beijing :D

regards, Martin