Chinese-Forums

The Passion of the Christ

skylee

Of course I have. I saw it in a theatre when it was first released in HK (not just a VCD/DVD). It was directed by Scorsese and the leading role was played by Willem Defoe. A great movie. The book is also great. You should read it if you haven't.

I am quite a movie buff you see, :mrgreen:

Jim Caviezel (the actor playing Jesus in "Passion") is beautiful with very pretty green eyes (have you seen him in the Thin Red Line?).

Of course I have. I saw it in a theatre when it was first released in HK (not just a VCD/DVD). It was directed by Scorsese and the leading role was played by Willem Defoe. A great movie. The book is also great. You should read it if you haven't.

I am quite a movie buff you see' date=' :mrgreen:

Jim Caviezel (the actor playing Jesus in "Passion") is beautiful with very pretty green eyes (have you seen him in the Thin Red Line?).[/quote']

i havent read the book yet, i'll try.

yes, you are! but i m afraid i havent seen the Thin red line, hehe, maybe the main reason is that he's not a pretty girl! :D

BTW, Martin Scorsese is sertainly a talented director, i do not so much like the Gangs of New York though.

actually i like some old movies directed by Stanley Kubrick such as 2001 A Space Odyssey, clockwork orange, full metal jacket, eyes wide shut and so on...

I really like this theme. I watched the musical (am a musical fan too) "Jesus Christ Superstar" twice, once in Prague (of all places!!), the other time was the 20th anniversary show in London. The first show (performed in the Czeck language) was a very traditional interpretation, but was beautiful all the same. The show was staged in a stadium in the suburb of Prague and used a round stage in the centre of the stadium. Very impressive. The London production was simply great. I particularly like the way they splashed blood on Jesus simulating the 39 lashes. (The ballet drama "Raise the Red Lantern" uses a similar way to express what the female lead suffers after the adultery is discovered.)

Talking about musical, Mama Mia is coming to HK in June. Not a very good story (watched it in London already) but a show of Abba songs is quite extraordinary.

I really like this theme. I watched the musical (am a musical fan too) "Jesus Christ Superstar" twice' date=' once in Prague (of all places!!), the other time was the 20th anniversary show in London. The first show (performed in the Czeck language) was a very traditional interpretation, but was beautiful all the same. The show was staged in a stadium in the suburb of Prague and used a round stage in the centre of the stadium. Very impressive. The London production was simply great. I particularly like the way they splashed blood on Jesus simulating the 39 lashes. (The ballet drama "Raise the Red Lantern" uses a similar way to express what the female lead suffers after the adultery is discovered.)

Talking about musical, Mama Mia is coming to HK in June. Not a very good story (watched it in London already) but a show of Abba songs is quite extraordinary.[/quote']

hehe, actually i m not really interested in musical, neither not so lucky to watch them in london nor prague, but i do understand your excited feeling. :)

(...) Talking about musical, Mama Mia is coming to HK in June. Not a very good story (watched it in London already) but a show of Abba songs is quite extraordinary.
With lyrics in Chinese? 'Cause that would be interesting.