Chinese-Forums

你是什麼東西??

geek_frappa

I've also heard:

男人, 还能算是东西嘛? or something similar.

As for the justification, only when you are want to start an argument, or have already started one and want to make it worse.

Roddy

I've also heard:

男人' date=' 还能算是东西嘛? or something similar.

As for the justification, only when you are want to start an argument, or have already started one and want to make it worse.

Roddy[/quote']

呵呵, i believe that 's 男人最不是东西了!ro 男人没有一个好东西 but actually the one who says this herself is usually a "bad girl" :D

wow! i didn't know it was so powerful... does DONGXI imply possession? or does it imply WORTHLESSNESS?

yeah! it's powerful, but in this context, i dont think it imply possession or worthlessness

actually sometimes the 不是东西means "mean", you are really not something(hehe not the opposite of "you are really something" in english) usually just means you are really mean=你真不是东西=你真不是人

it's so complex, i m afraid i cant explain it clearly, sometimes, IT used when A girl told you that she was raped by someone she and you familiar with:

“怎么了你?”

“XX他不是人”

even if it is complex' date=' feel free to untangle. i am very curious about this phrase...

also, when i am asked, i should not answer. right?

if i say, yes. i am a DONGXI??

if i say, no? does that mean lower than DONGXI?[/quote']

you dont have to answer this KIND of questions , the sentence is not a quest sentence,it's rhetorical question, and the intention is to insult you. you can just simply response" 是个什么东西!"

This is not a chat room. If you haven't got anything useful to add, don't add anything, or at least use the Chat and Language Exchange forum.

Roddy

PS I think some posts above were edited as I was typing and have become slightly more useful. However, I still mean it :twisted: