Chinese-Forums

Chinese name AE-YING

Guest kristoff

Kristoff - do you know what sort of tv programme she heard the name on?

It could've been "Ai Ying"..... but if it was someone calling out to another person, couldn't it have just been "A-Ying!".

Anyway, it's irrelevent what the actual name was on tv. You have the sounds "Ai Ying", now you can pick some characters to go with them!

I read a newspaper article about a woman, in Eastern Europe (can't remember which country) who called her baby "Bin Laden". The news reporter asked her why she called the baby "Bin Laden". She just said she kept hearing it on the television, and thought it sounded nice....

:shock:

I read a newspaper article about a woman' date=' in Eastern Europe (can't remember which country) who called her baby "Bin Laden". The news reporter asked her why she called the baby "Bin Laden". She just said she kept hearing it on the television, and thought it sounded nice....

[/quote']

really funny :)

you're right,阿英a-ying may be the most suitiable.

I read a newspaper article about a woman, in Eastern Europe (can't remember which country) who called her baby "Bin Laden". The news reporter asked her why she called the baby "Bin Laden". She just said she kept hearing it on the television, and thought it sounded nice....
I think it was Romania.

Pretty risky to give your child a name of which you don't know what it means...

Pretty risky to give your child a name of which you don't know what it means...

.... but at the same time, I think it's pretty good that people are willing to look outside the traditional names of their own culture to name their children. The world is becoming a smaller place.

Pretty risky to give your child a name of which you don't know what it means... [/quote'].... but at the same time, I think it's pretty good that people are willing to look outside the traditional names of their own culture to name their children. The world is becoming a smaller place.
Are you really looking at other cultures if you don't even know what the part you take over means? Was that woman in Romania looking at another culture when she named her kid Benladen?