Chinese-Forums

Studying Mandarin and Cantonese in Guangzhou

haiku

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend got a job in Guangzhou and I am looking for a 1 year intensive Mandarin course there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for schools there? I have seen some isolated thread about one or two schools there but I though this would be a good place to have a little about all the Mandarin programs there.

Some info I am looking for:

Price of program

Length of program

Housing cost and quality

Quality of teachers and program

Anything else you want to add

All info is greatly appreciated!

H

• 2 weeks later...

Jinan and Zhongshan are commonly considered the best programs in GZ. SCUT and SCNU are two more that have decent programs but not as famous. Prices are somewhere around 2000 USD per semester. The programs are on semester basis with courses spanning from beginner to Chinese language teacher. Zhongshan has many more westerners in the program which could be good or bad depending on your current level and preference. The schools are located in different parts of town so the apartment prices can vary. Places by Zhongshan start at about 2500 RMB a month. Also the option of living on campus at both schools. I am a graduate of Jinan and a current student at Zhongshan. Frequently post about learning Chinese in Guangzhou at ChinaRoll if you're looking for more. There's even a Guangzhou vs. Beijing top ten list. Good luck and welcome to G-town.