Chinese-Forums

Business trip to Hangzhou - criminal record

spondootre

Hi,

As this is my first post i'd like to firstly say hello !!

I am trying to arrange a business trip to Hangzhou and Shanghai at the beginning of March this year, I am about to apply for the Visa for entry into China. There is no mention on the application form about declaring a criminal record (something which is required for entry into other countries such as the USA) does anybody know if traveling from the UK to China there are any checks on peoples criminal records? I myself do not have one, but my partner business partner was charged with an offence 10 years ago.

Any advice? does this even matter?

Regards

Malc

Haha :lol: That's good news, we are going to apply on Wednesday so without the crim problem it sounds pretty straight forward. has anyone got any advice for doing business in China for a complete China newb ? I have started to learn some of the language from a program called "rosetta stone" and done a bit of research on the net has anyone got any advice or point me at anything on the web I need to know?

We are travelling to hangzhou and Shanghai to look at used machinery yards and hopefully export through an agent.

Cheers

Malc

In the UK the "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act" states that in most cases anything over 5 years old need not be declared. Obviously, applying for a job with the Ministry Of Defence or the Police, you'd have to declare it.

About 20 years ago, when I was in college, I got busted for smoking weed. I've been to China and the USA loads of times, never declared it, and never had a problem.

Thanks for that reply!! I have been made paranoid about it as a friend of our tried to get a Visa for entry into America and he was last in trouble for being on the wrong side of the law for theft 17 years ago!! I guess there isn't a problem with China, I think the USA is just very strict.