Chinese-Forums

help to get to zhongshan rd. north shanghai from pudong airport

jujubeans119

hello!

would like to ask what are the possible routes to get to east china uni at 3663 zhongshan rd n. shanghai coming from pudong international airport other than a cab? a friend is suggesting i take the mrt then take a cab, but ill have 4 bags to deal with which could be a problem. what are the okay hotels near ecnu that i can stay in while waiting for the dorm to open after new years holidays?

many many thanks

I know you said you didn't want to get a taxi, but to get to that part of town from pudong will cost you less than 200rmb - less than GBP15 in real money - if you go by public transport it'll probably cost about 100rmb in total so it's a false economy in my book.

If you are desparate to save the cost of a couple of beers there are buses that go to the main hotels - perhaps get the bus to tai ping yang sheraton in hong qiao and then taxi from there.

thanks! took your advice and just took a cab. finally getting myself settled here in ecnu. its gona be a long semester these past few days have been overwhelming as even with a background studying chinese in my home country i can barely understand what they're saying, it all seems so fast. wish me luck:wink:

Yeah, you'll find it a bit head-spinning at first as you come to terms with the speed people speak at, and the disappointing fact that nobody actually says things like the people in your text books. A week or two to get your bearings though, and you'll find what you already know isn't actually useless :wink:

thanks for the encouragement! just bought myself some notebooks and lots of post-its to get myself started at memorizing big time. it helps that my japanese roommate cant speak english (i do a lot of hand gestures to get my point across) and is taking her mandarin undergraduate studies here. more motivation to really learn.