Chinese-Forums

ZDT: HanDeDict dictionary plugin released

bogleg

For all you German speaking Chinese learners, I'd like to announce the release of the HanDeDict ZDT plugin. HanDeDict is a freely available Chinese-German dictionary in EDICT format. The plugin is based on the Jan 27, 2007 version of the dictionary. You can download the plugin from here.

To install, just copy the downloaded jar file into your ZDT_INSTALL_DIR/plugins directory. You will then have the option to select ‘handedict’ as your current dictionary.

If anyone knows of any other dictionaries they'd like me to add, please let me know.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ole for letting me know it works on your system.

If anyone else has tried the plugin, could you please also respond to this thread and let me know if it works or not? It would be great if people could help me test it, even if you're not interested in the plugin itself. Please include the OS you're using.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Hanyu_xuesheng. I'll see if there's anything I can do about the annotator.

Actually I've found the problem and it's not OS related or anything at all. Unfortunately you can't currently have both the Adso and Handedict dictionary plugins running at the same time because an out of memory exception occurs. Oops. :oops:

I'm currently working on a fix.

Chris

I've updated the adso and handedict dictionary plugins to version 0.1.1. If you would like to be able to use the adso and handedict dictionaries (or other future dictionaries) together, then you should download the latest versions. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Download link.

Sorry, but this is still broken; searching using adso or handedict gave me this error (while searching cedict does work). This is very mysterious: I had installed the new adso and handedict plugins and they worked flawlessly for two days, but today they appear to be broken again; the difference now is that both adso and handedict produce this error, while previously it was only handedict:

924_thumb.attach