Chinese-Forums

Change Chinese CD to electronics file

elina

My question is only partly relevant to this thread.

As I suggested to elina I always use NeoAudio to convert CD tracks to mp3 format. But I am in love with Baidu and had not had a new CD for quite a while. Recently, however, I've bought myself a double-CD set on some classical music (it is actually the OST of nodame cantabile) and ripping the CD tracks using NeoAudio proved to be a failure. Glitch, glitch. Because I've read about using WMP on this thread, I tried WMP too, which behaved strangely by turing the tracks first to WAV and then automatically creating MP3 versions. But it was no good as there are still glitches throughout (do you call them glitches, those slight jumpings). And they are unbearable in classical music.

So I've searched on-line and found this tool -> Exact Audio Copy. With the auto-correction function, it works. But very very painfully slowly. (There must be something wrong with the CDs as even if I tried to manually remove some errors, some seem not removable.) And I have to first turn the CD tracks to WAV (very large files), then use another programme to turn them to MP3.

So my question is - are there better alternatives to deal with this problem?

Yes, they played fine on the computer and in CD player. And it turned out that Exact Audio Copy could not overcome the problem. It could be copy protection.

But I've had it sorted out now.

BTW, big thanks to Quest for helping me so so so so much. :D:clap

in reply to skylee's

So my question is - are there better alternatives to deal with this problem?

i sugges Itunes! A lot of people use it anyway because it's great for organising MP3's (and every man and his dog has an ipod).

Put a cd in and a rip button will appear somewhere (top right if im not mistaken). Just make sure you set in your preferences to rip it to MP3 instead of the default AAC format.

It will rip into your itunes music folder which is also set in the preferences.