Chinese-Forums

Hejia binguan 和家宾馆 – good hotel option next to BLCU

Long Pan

This is a very good option which should be more emphasised in this forum.

He jia binguan (和家宾馆) is part of a chain of hotels called 和家宾馆连锁 (lian suo = chain); they have 6 hotels in Beijing which can be located on their website (only in Chinese). The one I am talking about is called beisihuan dian (北四环店) = hotel north of 4th peripheric.

HOW TO GO THERE:

In fact not many taxi drivers know this place. That's because it is located in a small street on the west side of of huaquing jiayuan compound (华清家园).

• If you come from the airport, the best is to arrive from the 4th peripheric. Here is the address + instructions they give on their website 海淀区 成府路 东升园 七条 华清家园 (北四环保福寺桥向北300米再向东 100米). You can also find a map but not that clear.
  • If you come north from wudaokou (五道口) you should take the small street which is just BEFORE the MacDonald on the west side of huaquing jiayuan (华清家园 – this orange compound on your left) – see also this map (click on the map on the right); the little road I am talking about is not drawn but you see the MacDonald.

RESERVATION

Call 82629055. Only “bad” point – they do not speak English (most of the customers here are Chinese). Maybe a fax (82629181) could do it. I do not see any email address. I would recommend you to book two days in advance as it is usually full.

PRICE (March 2007)

Single room (单人间) = 168 RMB per night

Single room with king size bed = 188 RMB

No negotiation for long term stay as they told me on front desk (I asked for one or two months)

Their website will give you updated prices.

THE ROOMS

Nice, clean, convenient, with ADSL for your laptop. No comparison with the not so good 368 RMB single room of Xijiao binguan which I just left this morning (and 368 was the cheapest price which you get only after bargaining – otherwise it is 450).

You get all the good part of wudaokou (next to subway, 15 minutes walk to BLCU, in front of 地球村 private school…) without the bad part of it (being on this small street prevents you from the noise and crowd of the noisy chengfu lu).

LONG TERM STAY

If I had to stay one month I would definitely prefer this option to SAC (Beijing Foreign Students Activity Center) where most of the cheap rooms are gone letting you only with the 150 something rooms. Moreover I think SAC location is really not good - far from every thing, with a 20minutes walk to BLCU which looks like hell!). SAC is I think rather overvalued in this forum due to I guess to the very persuasive 2005’ thread of Amanda . Anyway, for BLCU students I think the best location for a 4 or 5 weeks session is within the campus; it is nice, quiet and convenient. But in case there is no place (especially for the single rooms) or that you want to be out of the campus, then Hejia binguan seems to be a good option. For a 2 months stay you could start thinking about renting a flat which is what I am doing – but that’s another story.

• 4 months later...

Hi Long Pan,

I know it's been awhile since you posted this comment about hejiabinguan, but the website for the hotel isn't up anymore. I remember it being there a few months ago. Do you happen to know if they changed sites or companies?

Thanks

Cheap hotel, didn't pay their hosting fees :-) Might mean their ADSL isn't working too well either.

If you google 82629055 you'll find a couple of sites with maps but, more importantly, it seems to confirm that the telephone number is still valid.

the posts in general have been great help

Please keep posting after you arrive. You can update this thread with the latest prices, hotel condition, and -if it exists - an email address/URL :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I just arrived at HeJia binguan (he2 jia1 bin1 guan3) in Beijing, will be studying at BLCU starting September. This was my first time in Beijing. Here is what I did to get here:

- At the airport, after waiting in line at the taxi queue, I gave a piece of paper to the taxi driver with the following information (provided by Long Pan earlier, thanks) :

He jia binguan (和家宾馆) beisihuan dian (北四环店)

海淀区 成府路 东升园 七条 华清家园 (北四环保福寺桥向北300米再向东 100米)

Phone: 82629055

The most important info is the phone number, which he called right away and asked the best route to get there. Taxi ride took 30-40 minutes, with total cost of around 90 rmb. (I was expecting to pay around 140rmb based on what I read here, but not so, maybe it was less because I had a small older taxi, drinks less gas..)

- When I arrived I tried to explain to them I had a reservation, but they didn't understand my Chinese, hah, however one girl working there spoke English and new all the correct phrases ( May I have your passport, How many days would you like...) But, honestly, its not a problem at all if you get someone that does not speak English, just walk up to the front desk, flip open your passport, smile, say something in English, and they'll know you need a room, and it would be helpful if you know you numbers in Chinese, to say how many days you want to stay san1 tian1 (three days), si4 tian1 (4 days)...

- The room rate I got was 198 rmb per day, without any bargaining. I personally didn't have the energy/language skills to bargain. I will be staying for two days, she asked me for 500, (396 for two days and a 104 deposit that I will get back when I check out.) Check out time is 2pm.

- The room is clean, neat, and I am happy with it. Western style toilet, tv, queen size bed, towels in the shower, and the usual stuff you find in hotels.

- Fast and easy internet, just plug the cable into your laptop, and your online.

Overall, a nice place, and I'm glad I stayed here instead of Xijiao hotel. Feel free to ask questions.

• 2 months later...