Chinese-Forums

300 野狼300

skylee

I saw this film today and generally I think my money was well spent. Immediately after the film I called my brother to tell him to see it too. I think it is what most audience want, an entertaining and exciting film with a simple plot. I like the colours and the visuals very much. I find them powerful and highly enjoyable. A local writer here has described this film as “man 到震".

There are reports about Iranians complaining about the image of Persians in the film. The reports say that they get to watch the film on pirated materials. IMHO the best way for them to fight back is to make a highly entertaining film that most people would like to see to tell their side of the story. Oh but this is none of my business.

Trailer with chinese subtitles.

I saw it last Tuesday. Its battle/fight choreography and cinematography are great, kinda eye candy. I am bit disappointed with historical accuracy. Also, I am amused by how it portray Orientalism, by having Immortals acted like Ninja, hand grenades, and etc.

but again, it's just a movie. I still recommend this film for visual entertainment.

Why 戰狼/野狼? Because Spartan soldiers pack like wolves? Sometime I see 300/三百斯巴达勇士.

Although it's screened in Hong Kong/Taiwan, is it screened in Mainland China (not pirated one)?