Chinese-Forums

GOOD Chinese Hip Hop

defjef

Randall--

I am not saying you should do this, but sometimes, on some websites with mp3s, you can right click on the link and select 'save link location as', and then (I assume it goes through a process whereby a legal forms are signed and all dues paid) it shows up on your computer.

As for recommendations, you should check out Machi.

hey yall

we made it so you can download it. just right click and dl away. we want to make the first album completely free and get people involved in the culture. i host a radio show in beijing on 88.7 and 88.5 in Guangzhou on the weekends from 6-8 pm. We play the best hip hop from the states from underground to pop. we also try to support the local hip hop so if you have a chance in any of those cities have a listen this weekend. we are also trying to syndicate to other cities. where are you guys at?

basically we are trying to push hip hop in china in the "right" direction. i am not a gangster and have never been one so you wont hear me rap about that. hahaha. anyways i am glad you all like it. the best form of a compliment is telling other people about what we are trying to do. its the hip hop movement yall!

thanks for the love

defjef

hi there!

i kind of know how to download files, but when i actually REALLY like something, i'll always try and support the artist, however small my contribution might seem 我真是活着的雷锋,呵呵. anywho, thanks for giving me the "go" on the downloads.

what are the characters on machi and is it also ok to download their music? or is it in stores?

thanks,

randall

hey randall

thanks for the love but this one is a freebeeee. if you wanna get it soon it will be available for cell download by sms text in china. we really wanted the first album to be freely distributed and shared online just so people can accesibly listen to the music. we really do it for the love of hip hop. just help us spread the word and you will be helping us alot.... and listen to the show this weekend!!! 88.7 Beijing 88.5 Guang Zhou at 6pm. thanks

defjef

• 1 month later...

word up. i'm a hip hop dj in western china, living in chengdu and doin shit with my crew from Oakland california (plus a female mc from brooklyn) who are also here. let me know if i can slang some of my mix cds on your site or something if you have a shop, give me a plug. i recorded a new mixtape earlier this year, all recorded live on 1200s and with some exclusive tracks and remixes and shit. last month there was a big mc battle in chengdu where folks ripped it. things have really developed a lot in the 2 years that i've been here, getting better. hit me with a private message if you're down to talk about whatever.

charlie

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

雨没停过

遇见

Sorry for not explaining it. There are two great things about Soft Ripa. 1) He raps in very comprehensible, 99% putonghua, unlike Jay Chou/JIn or other artists who use a lot of English or other Chinese dialects. 2) Most of his tracks have a laid back, jazzy sound

Starting with Wikipedia and looking up music by the artists listed under Chinese Hip Hop had me sifting through a lot of awful stuff. Searching Chinese-forums came up with a lot of threads where people who aren't really into hip-hop tried to be helpful by posting links to "famous" hip-hop that they had just Googled (or Baidu'd) a few minutes beforehand (that or really general links/people trying to promote stuff).

So the point of the thread was really just to say "1) I'm a hip hop fan and a Chinese student, 2) I've listened to these two specific tracks, and 3) I think they are worth listening to.