Chinese-Forums

Anyone had access issue lately?

roddy

I'm trying to track down a source of regular downtime, about 12:45 to 1pm Beijing time (4:45 to 5am GMT) every day. If anybody else has noticed regular problems - either loading a blank page, getting an error message or timing out, can you let me know.

Quite the opposite, in fact. Twice in the last few days I wasn't able to load any pages of my bookmarks, except for these forums and www.ovum.com. Once was shortly before our account was disabled, because we hadn't paid the phone bill, but I have no explanation for the other. Any suggestions, anyone? Why does it happen? And why do just these two sites open?

When was the second one? Couple of nights ago around 10.30pm I had a similar failure - seemed that DNS servers partially disappeared for a while. They came back maybe 30 minutes later.

Re: Phone bill - are you paying by recharge card or online? Lot less hassle than going to the bank. I used to get cut off every month, but only once this year so far.

Yeah, I think it was around that time.

Re phone bill: I'm paying through room mate, so no hassle for me... Except for those times when I don't have internet and start actually doing something productive out of boredom.