Chinese-Forums

Information needed...

3dJean

Hi All,

Does anyone have any website link (preferably in English as I don't speak Chinese) I am interested in the history of China and one subject in particulard, is the trade of China ware in the 17th century. I understand that the manufacturing was taking place in the Province of Ching-te Chen then this was transported to Canton a little port. If anyone has any input such as social, culture, and poilitic tendancy of that time that would be very appreciated.

Thank you

ching - de zhen or jingde zhen is a zhen, which could be loosely translated as "town". It is not a sheng, or Province as you said. Please look up terms you don't know before posting. It is within the Chinese province of Jiangxi or Jiang Xi(because written Chinese doesn't use an alphabet, you can spell it according to the way you pronounce it, not strictly just pinyin, shortened form for Hanyu Pinyin, or Chinese language phonetic "spelling").

Check out following website for information on chinaware from Jingde zhen

http://www.orientaltravel.com/province/city/area/Jing_De_Zhen.htm

Note error from the above website: Jing Xi at bottom of page should be corrected to Jiang Xi (West of the River: West of the Yangtse/Yangzi River) for there's no province such as Jing Xi or Jingxi on the map of Mainland China.

• 3 months later...