Chinese-Forums

looking for a good bookstore in Beijing

volga_volga

I’m sure the Wangfujing bookstore is open on Saturdays and Sundays, and I remember the BCLU bookshop is also open on Saturdays and Sundays, business hour is from 10:00 am if I remember correctly, you could give them a call at 82303653 to ask before you go.

Long time no go to the BCLU bookshop ( I mean 南门书店, there’re 3 bookshops in BCLU, I don’t know the other two) which is special for foreigners learning Chinese. I remember the clerks are more experienced than those in Wangfujing bookstore, if you tell them what your Chinese level is and what kind of books you want to buy, they probably could give you some constructive suggestions, although most of the time they would at first recommend the books from their own publisher of BLCU rather than the books from other publishers.

In Wangfujing bookstore, the 对外汉语 section is on the third floor, in addition, you could also go to the second floor to search in the children books section. I agree with Flameproof in number 16 post, some CHINESE children books are helpful for foreigners to learn Chinese.

Both of the books in the above two bookstores are very complete. But I don’t know why, I FEEL (no accurate analysis) the books in BCLU bookshop are more various than in Wangfujing.

Thanks -- I went to the BCLU shop today and found lots of stuff. Too much probably :rolleyes: (In case anyone else ever wants to know, it closes at 4.30 on Saturdays, pretty certain the same is true for Sundays too.)

• 5 years later...

Hi chaps. I'm passing through Beijing next week and am looking to pick up some Chinese Breeze graded readers and HSK 5 material before flying home to the UK. Im also hoping to just generally browse a load of Chinese language learning material. Wondering where people these days think the best place is?

Wangfujing or BLCU? 

And if anyone can confirm there will have Chinese breeze series in here

Yeah, that's where BLCU is, but unless you're out that way anyway it's a bit of a trek and unless you're looking for something specific to BLCU press I wouldn't wager on them having anything the Wangfujing stores don't. Also, Golden Era 50's Diner? When'd that happen?

Yeah, that's where BLCU is, but unless you're out that way anyway it's a bit of a trek and unless you're looking for something specific to BLCU press I wouldn't wager on them having anything the Wangfujing stores don't. Also, Golden Era 50's Diner? When'd that happen?

Right. Thanks for that.

I was going to have a look for the books that David Ma uses

发展汉语 - Developing Chinese