Chinese-Forums

Learning Mandarin in Shanghai

Dreamer

hi guys i was just wandering if anyone had any info on Studying mandarin in Shanghai? At the moment im looking at Jiaotong University...any info?? whats peoples opinions on the Uni?? i've already studied mandarin in Beijing at BLCU and im happy with that like location wise and everything considering it was in a Uni district but i would like a change and like to study in Shanghai. Anyone know any Uni's similar to BLCU? eg. like a Uni district in Shanghai...good location 2 shopping and nightlife etc..cos i wanna Party lots aswell! HAhahaha =P or like any unis with lots of foreignersssss? sorry cant stop comparing to BLCU hehe.. thanks!

• 1 month later...

Most Chinese language programs at the major univerisities in Shanghai should offer plenty of foreigners for you to mingle with. There are people who have had good and bad experiences with Fudan, Jiaotong, ECNU, Shanghai Normal, etc. etc.

If you want to party properly in Shanghai, however, you'll probably want to go to whatever campus is closest to the city center and major public transportation (namely the Shanghai Metro). Fudan is pretty out there. JiaoTong is okay IIRC, ECNU is right at the ZhongShan Park Line 2, 3, and 4 hub which makes it convenient.

Hope this helps.