Chinese-Forums

ZDT on Ubuntu 64bit run errors

Dod_basim

Hello!

It's been a week since I moved to Ubuntu and for me ZDT is a must.

thanks again for this great program!

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 64bit and can't make ZDT work.

I guess there is a problem with the arch so i used my chroot32 terminal but no good.

Under Chroot32: Welcome screen on---> popup message: An error has occurred. See the log file /home/yoav/zdt/workspace/.metadata/.log. (there is no such file in my system)

in the terminal i got:

./zdt

(process:13368): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(zdt:13368): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.

Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Fontconfig warning: no elements found. Check configuration.

Fontconfig warning: adding /var/cache/fontconfig

Fontconfig warning: adding ~/.fontconfig

Under 64bit terminal:

Welcome screen ---> popup message: An error has occurred. See the log file

/home//zdt/configuration/1177657221807.log.

terminal output is too long, file attached.

Thanks!

Interesting, I've never had anyone request 64-bit support until last week, and now you're the 2nd. :D

I'll see if I can do a 64-bit build. But you'll need to help me test it since I don't have access to a 64-bit system. Please send me an email (fongcn at gmail.com) and I can figure a way to send you a build.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Dod_Basim:

i'm using Kubuntu 7.04 running zdt 0.6.1 and i didn't need to use chroot32.

I did have some problems initially, but i think (i'm not really sure as i've only been using linux for 1 week) that these problems were due to not having the 32 bit version of the files necessary. All of the written dependencies were filled, but the program was still asking for some files that i knew were already installed. The problem pretty much resolved itself when i followed some instructions for running 32 bit firefox under 64 bit ubuntu and downloading the required files. i'm not sure of the exact link for the downloads but i'll have another search for it and post the appropriate link when i get time.

---------------------

Chris:

i still don't know very much about using linux but if you want me to help you test a 64 bit build i'd be more than happy to help in any way that i could.

Thanks for the great software

thanks alot!

i moved back to 32bit cause i had to many problems with the 64bit version. things like Java, codecs, games, chinese (ZDT), printing was pain in the ass.

I hope next version of ubuntu (7.10) will have better 64bit support. do you know other easy2use / work out of the box Linux 64bit Distro?