Chinese-Forums

Milk in Bags

roddy

What other countries sell milk in the little 100ml bags? I've never seen it anywhere outside of China, but I'm not that well travelled.

Seemed really weird at first, but used to it now . . .

Roddy

in the US, we have milk bags here in some areas because they are cheaper than the cartons... they are nice because if they are vaccuum packed correctly, the milk lasts longer.

milk bags are more rare now, except in the case of providing babies breast milk from the mother...

milk bags are common in canada, too.

Do they start to sell 2% skim and 0% non-fat milk in Mainland China now?

Yes, and has been for a number of years. First came UHT low-fat and skim milk packed in 1 liter Tetra boxes from Australia and now,

How popular is the Inner Mongolian milk in Mainland?

the dairy giant Yili from Inner Mongolia packs 1% (plus extra calcium) and skim milk in 250ml and 1 liter Tetra boxes. Yili is shipped nationwide.

Also, the scary, global food mega-conglomerate Nestle offers low-fat, fortified milk...but Yili's is better.

I have an impression that most people in Mainland prefer whole milk.

Yes, a lot more popular...as are the sugary, milk beverages and flavored "yogurts."

Yeah, like Communist Thailand.

(I think I've seen it in Malaysia as well)

dood, check your sources...where do you think Thailand (and Malaysia) got the idea from?? they don't teach you well in texas, do they...

if not the SU, then from China...and where did China get it from? You think milk was a staple drink in China a few hundred years ago?

the dairy giant Yili from Inner Mongolia packs 1% (plus extra calcium) and skim milk in 250ml and 1 liter Tetra boxes. Yili is shipped nationwide.

Also, the scary, global food mega-conglomerate Nestle offers low-fat, fortified milk...but Yili's is better.

what Yili, man? Never heard of it...The one I used to buy was San yuan...

Sunyata - the idea that Thailand and Malaysia would get anything from China/Soviet Union is laughable - both of those countries were HIGHLY anti-communist from the 40's through the late 70s - going as far as to repatriate Communists back to China.

Now I realize that there were many ethnic Chinese who travelled back and forth from the Malay Peninsula to CHina, but to suggest they got the idea for "milk in bags" from just conjecture without any sort of proof is silly.

aw crap, just typed up a long answer, but accidentally erased it...

anyway, my point was - you're wrong! :mrgreen:

SU was first to use milk bags (and still does), not americans, dammit.

How it got to thailand, I dunno - possibly from India (which had good relations with SU) or more recently from China.

just coz thailand was anti-communist doesn't mean they are also anti-milkbag... :roll:

US was / is anti-communist...didn't stop it from starting the space program and the nuclear arms race now, did it?

anyway, maybe you misunderstood me. I don't mean that the milk in milk bags is itself communist, i just mean the original milk bag idea came from the Soviet Union era...

i didn't really like milk in bags anyway, sometimes when you jam the straw in, it just explodes on you (sux!)

there were some interesting yogurt-bag things tho eh?

dood, that's why you bite / cut a corner off and pour it into a glass...

Wow, I thought this would be a really boring question, and we wind up replaying the cold war . . .

Seems Canada and India use milk bags as well (watch out America, communist influence is obviously strong to the north) and they're becoming more widely used as they save a huge amount of packaging.

this forum is kinda feisty eh? everyone wants to argue =P

As long as we 实事求是 then let's just let 百花齐放 :wink:

Roddy

100ml bags? :shock: Thats not even a glass. I drink like 2 liter of milk a day.

Here they just sell it in 1l bags

produkt_popup_pic_01.jpg

and very very seldom in 0,5 liter bags

produkt_popup_pic_06.jpg

You can choose from 3 diferent fresh milk kinds (no fat, low fat, normal fat) + butter milk + long-storable milk.

Milk is used so much here and someone who doesnt drink milk at all, has many problems