Chinese-Forums

The death of Genghis Khan

Ian_Lee

There is a very interesting historical topic in some Chinese forums (albeit XXX-rated)

Thanks so much for telling us that you are interested in such XXX-rated topic, Ian_Lee!

Do I slander culture in Mainland China? Not me. I just quote what some big mouth said.
I did tell my kids that there is no Qing Ming, Dragon Boat, Mid-Autumn and Zhong Yang Festivals in Mainland but in Hong Kong!
Instead of 饮水思源, you guys should 禮失求諸野!!

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/12672-characters-you-just-cant-get-right-damnit&page=4

Very nice! It seems someone both 忘本 and even 礼失求诸于something XXX-rated!

Thanks!

Young student:

Since you want to get personal and rant something unrelated to this topic, please email me instead so that others will not waste their precious time here.

And this is the last post I will address you too.

Regarding 忘本, let's see who excel in such practice:

(1) Who hanged giant portraits of bearded, red-eye, brown-hair foreigners -- a Russian, a Georgian, a Jew and a Briton -- on the most sacrosanct place of the Chinese nation -- Tiananman facade?

You guys.

(2) Who denounced our sage Confucius and smeared intelligentsia as 臭老九 (only Mongol-ruled Yuan dynasty had ever done that)?

You guys.

(3) Who desecrated our precious national artifacts? (Thank Chiang Kai Shek for moving the bulk to Taiwan.)

You guys.

(4) Who ruined our traditional virtue by forcing teachers and fathers to kneel down, humiliate them by denouncing them in public?

You guys.

Talking about 忘本 in Chinese history, no dynasty in Chinese history had ever surpassed what you guys had inflicted.

Since you want to get personal and rant something unrelated to this topic, please email me instead so that others will not waste their precious time here.

It is you Ian_Lee who wastes others precious time here! Please tell me who set up this thread, who tries to get personal? What? You now feel shameful to tell others that you are interested in something XXX-rated? Look what you have done!

I did tell my kids that there is no Qing Ming, Dragon Boat, Mid-Autumn and Zhong Yang Festivals in Mainland but in Hong Kong!
Talking about 忘本 in Chinese history, no dynasty in Chinese history had ever surpassed what you guys had inflicted.

Right words for what you have done on your kids! As for Chairman Mao’s horrible mistakes during Cultural Revolution, scholars and historical experts in mainland have been doing what they can to bring back historical truth to common people through various ways. I just wonder whether you would do the same! Never mind, for you are interested in something XXX-rated, and you don’t mind making rumors, like what Chairman Mao did in the Cultural Revolution! :wink:

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Do kids in Mainland China know what Dragon Boat Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival are?

According to a recent poll among kindergarten kids in Chengdu, NONE knows what Dragon Boat Festival is, only 10% knows what Mid-Autumn Festival is while 90% of the kids know about X'mas:

http://news.chinatimes.com/2007Cti/2007Cti-News/2007Cti-News-Content/0,4521,120505+122007060400287,00.html

Why do these kindergarten kids 忘本?

According to this article, it is no strange because their parents who have experienced the Cultural Revolution, already lost their roots at that time!

Even the officials admitted such fact:

成都成華區教育局副局長徐宏說:「在我們這樣一個文化大國,孩子們不僅對民族、民間文化感受越來越少,而且他們離真實的民間文化環境也越來越遠,這不利於他們的成長。」

「在我們這樣一個文化大國,孩子們不僅對民族、民間文化感受越來越少,而且他們離真實的民間文化環境也越來越遠,這不利於他們的成長。」
It's a fact of life that Western influence is dominating the globe and young people everywhere in non-western countries are getting to know more and more about Western culture, even at the expense of knowing their own culture. Chinese kids shouldn't be any different...You yourself, Ian, have also gone with the time, why blame these kids for "losing their roots" ??

(Or perhaps your posts are only to keep studentyoung's company? :mrgreen: )

• 3 weeks later...
(1) Who hanged giant portraits of bearded, red-eye, brown-hair foreigners -- a Russian, a Georgian, a Jew and a Briton -- on the most sacrosanct place of the Chinese nation -- Tiananman facade?

I think Engels was neither Jew nor Briton.