Chinese-Forums

How to find apartment in shenzhen?

TomasAlmgren

Hi,

im moving to shenzhen in june and i need to find an apartment. How do you do this?

Done some googling and only found hughe luxury apartments 100m^2 or larger and i live alone so i only need a small apartment about 50m^2 or something. Is this possible to find?

Anyone got any advice so on please post!

/Tomas

Unless it's vital for you to have pre-arranged accommodation before you leave, I would recommend waiting until you get here and then sorting something out. If you have a week free when you first arrive it should be easy enough to get something that suits you. There are letting agents everywhere. If i remember rightly, most of them take a month's rent as their fee, and depending on how well furnished the flat is, you might have to pay up to two months rent as a deposit to the landlord.

Do you know which area you want to live in? I know some parts of the city quite well, so if you want more info you can PM me.

Hi, I am from HK.

I agree with Yang Rui that you should not pre-arrange the accommodation before you come.

You can stay in the hotel as temp solution (a 3 star acceptable hotel costs you RMB 280-350 per night). There is a lot of property agents and you can start searching from the nearest agent located at your work place.

There are a lot of small flats which are suitable for one person. The size ranges from 35m2 to 70m2. A good quality 40m2 flat with furniture and appliances will cost you roughly RMB 2500 -3000per month. You will have a lot of choices within the range of RMB 2000 - 4000.

Good luck~!