Chinese-Forums

Travel from Guangzhou to Hong kong

dafeizhu

You have several options:

1. take the KCR from the East Railway Station in Tianhe. The earliest train leaves at about 8 am, and the latest leaves at about 8 pm. It's a direct train to Hong Hom Station in Kowloon (stopping only in Dongguan) and takes about an hour forty-five minutes; ticket price is 209 RMB (or is it 219?). This is the most efficient, but also the most expensive method, of getting to Hong Kong from Guangzhou. Here's a link:

http://www.it3.kcrc.com/B2C/UserPage/sysTimeTable_Eng.asp

2. take a CTS bus departing from various hotels in Guangzhou. A one-way ticket will cost you about 80 RMB, and the trip takes around 3 hours, depending on the lines and efficiency of the Huanggang Customs. It makes several stops in Hong Kong; my route was from the Hotel Landmark in GZ to the Taizi MTR station (near the Prince Edward Hotel) in Kowloon. This is my least preferred way of getting to HK, but here's a link:

http://www.cantontradefair.com/ticketing/hk_can_bus.htm#2

3. take the train from GZ to Shenzhen (Luo Hu), and then the KCR to Tsim Sha Tsui East. This method is both economical and fast. The high-speed train from GZ East Railway Station to Shenzhen takes 55 minutes, there's one every 10 minutes from 6 am until 10-ism pm, and the ticket price is 75 RMB. Upon arriving at Luo Hu, take the KCR to Tsim Sha Tsui East; it takes one hour, and the ticket price is just under 36 HKD. I find that the Customs officials are more efficient here, and my time from GZ to HK is under 3 hours.

I hope this helps.

:mrgreen: Ask the students or teacher in Jinan Univercity, about one fourth of the students there are from HK, the will know the best way from jinan to HK, sometimes there are some bus line that start from the south gate of the university directly to HK.(Speciall for the the HK students that), i think that is the coolest way.

So, better you consult the people in the uni, i think they will give the most detailed guide for everything.

Well, i am graduated from Jinan Uni, ya, welcome to our campus.

:)

No problem, dafeizhu!

It's about a 15-minute ride in a taxi (depending on traffic, of course), and the cost should be around 30 RMB (it might be less, because this price is from Citic Plaza, near the East station, to Metro, which is not far from Jinan).

You could also take bus no. 53, get off at Wuyang Xincheng (五羊新城)and transfer to no. 122, whose final destination is the East Railway Station if you wanted to save some money;)

Good luck.