Chinese-Forums

Is this an OK Chinese name?

Strawberries513

Somebody is right, A-du is a Chinese singer.

阿杜洛 can be used as a name, it doesn't mean anything bad or derogatory, and sounds name-like enough, especially with that 阿 in front. On the other hand, it is only a transliteration of your Spanish name, and doesn't look like a real Chinese name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been switching names for the past few months. I tried picking my own name for "Matt" but it kept sounding too close to "他妈的". Hahaha. So I've been going by 连麦特 for several months. However, I had first picked the surname 蓝, I think it sounds nice. And I also don't like 麦特 THAT much. It's okay... but I was thinking something like 蓝迈特, or simply 蓝迈.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
if I could choose my family name~I wish I could have 复姓 like "司马" "慕容" "上官" "东方" "皇浦" "欧阳"~

souds cool~

I always like those double-word last names also. I like "慕容" and "东方" -- They sounded very exotic. However, I already have a last name, so I can't do it.

"慕容" - Admiring of looks.

"东方" - The direction of East, or Oriental.

"上官" - High officials.

"皇浦" - Royal river-side or Royal river's exit to the ocean.

"欧阳" - "欧" in the old time was associated with execution, like ""欧刀" (the knife for executions). "阳" is like sun or Yang in "Yin and Yang" or maleness. Did it originally mean "the man who execute people" or the executioner? :-?

To answer spitz, your name, 裴平达 (pei2 ping2da2), is pretty good. I like the last name a lot. It's just my personal preference. I think it had a few famous persons in Tang dynasty. 平达 are also good words for name. It means smoothly arrival (to your destination) or smoothly success. They have no strange pronounciations associated with them.