Chinese-Forums

Can anyone send me the Chinese character for "Grace&quo

Guest kathyrollins

A friend of mine adopted a little girl last year and I ordered a block/stone stamp for her daughter, Grace. Unfortunately I need to provide the company with the character and I know nothing about the Chinese language. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks!

恩德 ēndé [favor; grace; graciousness] seemed the most appropriate to me.

Although:

恩惠 ēnhuì [favor; grace]

恩情 ēnqíng [grace; favor - loving kindness; devotion; affection]

also seem to fit. I'll let someone more native help you narrow it down :)

It's a more difficult case since "Grace" as a name also has an everyday meaning. If you just want the translation in sound you would lose the meaning, vv. I would suggest switching the order of 恩惠 to 惠恩 and change the two characters to (someone type it my chinese input is not working atm); or switching 恩情 to 情恩 (also different characters).

btw Nephand, can you see chinese in your browser?

恩惠 and 恩情 both mean grace to a certain extent, but in Chinese, names with a meaningful noun in them would sound a bit silly. So, I switched the character orders to 惠恩 and 情恩, now they do not sound like meaningful words anymore. and since the characters 恩 and 情 are little used in names, I changed them to 茵 and 晴, both are girl's name characters.

So now we have 惠茵 and 晴茵. They both sound Chinese and are good names for a girl. IMO, either one is fine, not much difference, but you can wait and see if you get more opinions from other posters.

Maybe 娟 or 娟秀 or 秀丽?

Here are some more that I'm not really familiar with, but they came up in a CEDICT search:

嬋 (chan1)

婀 (e1)

裊 (niao3)

嬝 (niao3)

嫋 (niao3)

娜 (nuo2)

娉 (ping1)

嬈 (rao2)

婷 (ting2)

婉 (wan3)

奕 (yi4)