Chinese-Forums

Favorite ice cream in China

chengdude

Replying to the "Milk in Bags" thread made me think of ice cream and the fact that, hands down, no-debate, the best ice cream snack in China is Yili's "Bitter Coffee" ("Yili kafei") bar: coffee ice cream dipped in chocolate on a stick.

The runner-up, though not ice cream exactly: the "Ning meng hong cha" (tea & lemon flavor) popsicle bars available in Chengdu (elsewhere?) in the summertime.

My favorite is "Liang Ge Xing " (2 Stars) also by Yili Company.

Snow World Company makes an interesting "Xiang Mi Zongzi" (Fragrant Rice Dumpling) bar that I also enjoy from time to time.

Nestle deserves special mention for their cheap "Lizhi Bing" lychee flavored popsicle. God knows how many of those I've bought over the last few years, especially in the summertime.

Ice-cream with an Asian influence? I've only tried taro flavour, black sesame flavour and wasabi flavour from a Taiwanese ice-cream joint..... They were all pretty good but I still think paddle-pops are the best.

You can eat paddle-pops no matter how cold it is.

Lotte also make some good ice-creams. One of the good ones is shaped like a carp.

heh I like the stuff of Yili the most,such as "Gun Xue Qie"(sticky rice outside).Wall's is good,too.I don't like Nestle though,but I still buy their new products.

I remember when I was little,my sister and I grew up with Wuyang.Now they are no longer where they used to be.