Chinese-Forums

Pimsleur Mandarin Transcripts

RobAnt

Unfortunately, Marcel Nijman's website has gone off line. He had a fine transcript of the Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese audio lessons on there.

Fortunately, I had saved them before they disappeared.

Marcel, if you happen to see this, please contact me, as I've been unable to contact you, and ask your permission.

I have copied them to my own website, and you can find them here - [click].

I've taken the liberty of : -

a) splitting it into 3 separate pages and

B) each page is also available in MS Word format, which is also Open Office compatible.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Xie xie nin! Wow, I am so excited that I have these again now. I got the first part (Mandarin I) from the original marcelnijman's site, but then when I was doing Mandarin II the site went away. I have not found another one that I like as much as Marcel Nijman's. So this is great! I just finished Mandarin II, and hoping to start Mandarin III in a couple of weeks.

Duo xie!

Stefani.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much! I installed Asian Language support (Windows XP) in my computer at home, and now I can read and print the transcripts! This is great. I am starting out Mandarin III (lesson 4 currently), but I am about to repeat Mandarin I again to review. For the reviews I just go through them once, not repeating each lesson. Mandarin I and II I borrow them from the local library, and they seem to be popular enough that I have to request them. I bought Mandarin III so I can listen to those anytime I want.

Xie xie nin.

Stefani.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The fsi course is availabbl free if you google fsi language. I am currently using both. I used fsi for the first two units (roughly 3 months worth)and then found and tried pimsleur. I flew thru to lesson 25. The fsi teaches the details, but the pimsleur does a very good job of getting you communicating (FSI stays with the details the cost being it takes longer to build skills, but they are solid once they click). As I am leaving for China in 6 weeks, I will do the pimsleur then return to the fsi. The fsi clearly will take significantly longer than a year to finish

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sadly, these transcripts are no longer available. Please contact Pimsleur direct and ask them to review their policy on the transcripts.

If they can't be bothered to provide them themselves, then there is no other source (legally) available.

My own site is now being prepared for other purposes, but I would gladly have left them there, even though I received no recompense for maintaining them (even the Amazon adverts didn't bring anything in).

Edited by RobAnt

• 7 months later...