Chinese-Forums

Beida Fall 2007

beijingbabe

get your arse (and your personal ads) over to thatsbj, Shadowdh!

My arse is firmly over there in the forums but not so much in the personals... :mrgreen:

I will be there on the 27 Aug at about 15.10 (if the flight isnt delayed or something)... time seems to be flying now and I have soooo many things to do...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, i think enrollment is on Sept 2nd? *correct me if im wrong please!*

so , almost a month! i still have to book tickets and start studying some chinese, haven't touched a textbook in over 2 years!

has everyone sorted out accommodation yet? the idea of homestay is becoming less and less appealing as the days draw closer...

i still have to book tickets

I suggest you get on that, pronto. If I'm not mistaken, Auguest/September is when flights book up real quick (both going out of and coming into China). January/February is pretty bad too (from experience).

oh , im waiting on my credit card to come through so i can get free insurance. :lol:

why is august/September peak ? i can understand feb cos of chinese new year.

in australia, uni has already started so the international students rush has come and gone already..

Ah, yes, the start of the school year will depend by region. In Canada and the US, many universities and colleges start in early September. This explains the hordes of students leaving China for Canada/US. :)

But that doesn't explain the rush coming in? Or maybe it's not as bad as they say? Do middle schools in China also start in September? Surely there can't be that many foreigners coming to China for school!

Hey, sorry to stick my head into an ongoing conversation but I too will be going to BeiDa in the Fall.

I am a Seattlite, born and raised, and I will be coming via the Trans-Siberian Railroad, so hopefully will have some stories to tell.

I will probably be in intermediate classes, but I'm not entirely sure at this point.

I look forward to seeing you guys in class!

hey terran261,

the trans Siberia railway, does that mean u have started your trip already or about to start? my parents are originally from the xinjiang province which is on that line i think so I ve been there before, enjoy your trip !

I have already begun my trip, sort of, but I am in Europe. The actual trans-Siberian only takes 7 days, so I don't even reach Moscow until August 20th.

Should be an adventure though, and thanks for the luck, given my zero Russian language knowledge I may need it!

• 1 month later...