Chinese-Forums

Anyone for BNU Fall 2007?

xus-swede

Sometimes you'll be waiting half an hour for your bus only to then have three of them arriving bumper to bumper.

As there's usually enough people waiting at the bus stop to fill around 5 buses, at least that gives you a chance of getting on one ;)

@Jamoldo: you were the one running away from us!! hahaha :P And yeah, I know I have to pay the difference if I want to move to another dorm. I hope there's any free room! I don't like dorm 1! xD

@barb_punk: dorm 2 is outside the campus but it's very close, you just have to cross the bridge and that's it :D It's just 5 minutes from your room to the classroom.

I'm arriving the 5th... let's hope the registration for the pick-up starts to work soon... :P

This site is also good for buses. http://www.bjbus.com/

In terms of the shuttle from the airport. I agree with Roddy that you may you want to cab it your first time since you will have a ton of luggage...but if you are sure you will hear when to get off at beitaipingzhuang you can always shuttle it on the line 4 and then cab it the next km or so which should total under 25-30yuan (16 for shuttle ticket + 10 or so for the cab fair), as opposed to 85 from the airport (cab fair plus 10 yuan toll fee). This is usually my middle of the road solution if I have to much luggage and arrive at night.

hey there folks, looking for some help here.i need to apply for a student loan and the organisation which is supplying the loan want a pretty detailed calendar for both semesters which i havent been all that very successful in finding. BNU have a calendar at their webpage but its outdated and other than that i cant find squat at their webpage, so i called their office and they told me they could give me one after the classes have started. thats ok tho but it would be way more comfortable having done all these procedures while im back home. have any of you ppl found a calendar for the upcoming fall semester? spring 08 i can do without.

Hey, Jamoldo!!! Long time no seen!!! Hahaha!!! I agree with Ursula xD xD YOU were the one running away from us!!! :twisted: Let's meet at Beijing on September and have some beers together, amigo!!! Hahaha...

The online pick-up service still doesn't work! Does anybody know the reason??

Thank you!!! ^_^

Hi there

I know that there is a lot of talk about dorms on this forum but I would like to ask a very direct question: does anyone have contact details for any landlords who are willing to help foreigners do the whole residents permit thing etc.? I know that you won't want to post phone numbers on this forum but maybe PM me? An email address may also work...

I will also join BNU in September and need to find accomodation soon - I would like to find a cheap room (preferably double bed) in a shared house with some open-minded people (other students or young professionals).

I am finding it a little difficult to find landlords who are willing to help foreigners but I will go on a search again tomorrow!

Thanks a lot for any help!

Best wishes

Clive

PS: I'm 27, from the UK - if anyone is looking for room mates just let me know!

hey guys!

the bnu website posted new stuff for the fall semester.

heads up to those who want to take advantage of the airport pick-up service. link is: http://www.bnulxsh.com/pickup/eindex.php

but the site was still acting up when i clicked on the link found in that page. hope they fix it sooner. (not that i'll be able to use it, but at least the rest of you guys will :) )

notice for international students: http://www.bnulxsh.com/xuzhi/07xuzhi-en.htm

2 more weeks to go! :) anyone arriving in beijing on sept 2?

just made a mistake!

i saw that there were some single rooms available in Liyun (i desperately don't want to share) so i cancelled my double in lanhui and tried to apply for the single BUT the website won't let me apply - i am now room-less!

is there anyway that they can let me at least reinstate the double in Lanhui? i 'm worried that i wont have anywhere!!!

agh......it's terrible to be stupid! lol

cheers

cj

Roddy, thanks for the link to sign for the free pick-up, but it doesn't work... At least for me and my friend (aka Ursula)... When I enter our Admission Number and our birth date it says that something is wrong about it... Hahaha... I just don't know why... We'll have to take a taxi with all of our luggage:)

Ursula and I will be arriving September the 5th :D

Hello everyone!

I'm also going to BNU this fall. I'm going with a group of 6 from the Philippines. I found this site a couple of months back but never registered until now.

I heard from a friend who studied there for a year and a half that dorm no. 2 is better when it comes to internet connections. Torrents downloads are blocked off in the dorms within the campus. In dorm 2 it isn't since it's outside. I'm just not sure if this is still true though.

Hey barb! How did you enroll yourself for the scholarship? The group I'll be going with, we went through PCERC. Maybe you've heard of it?

hey wendy! cool, i thought i was the only one from the philippines. nope, haven't heard of pcerc. went to their website and i think i know the address, but what is it excatly? i went straight to the chinese embassy in dasma and gave my application to the cultural attache there. are you guys going there for language classes or for uni? i know there's another filipino group going to blcu under the gokongwei scholarship. when are you guys flying to beijing?

heifeng: haha! i'll see what i can do. usually, foreigners would ask about our dried mangos. hopefully, i'll have room in my bag for some local goodies.

lupita/ursula: just fax or email them your flight details and they'll put you on the list.